A compelling story about the issue of gays in the military

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Again if black soldiers could join the ranks in 1948, gay soldiers shouldn't have much problem in 2010.

I think you're underestimating the level of people in the military and, more importantly, the amazingly high number of people in the Armed Forces that can follow orders.

#17 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,935 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:47 AM

Prepare yourself for re-heated "The ***** cannot serve side by side with us" arguments.

Woodrow Wilson FTW

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

Breaks my heart, its just so wrong.

#19 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

People are obsessed with labels. So long as the label doesn't exist, people can convince themselves of anything. Place a label on something, and perception of that thing changes in drastic ways.

Agreed but it MUST be done.

#20 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

Gay straight or Bi, as long as they can perform their duties as required, none of that should matter. FWIW, I think lesbians with guns and "that time of month" = a lot of enemy dead.

I have some experience with this during my stint in the Army. We had one of my fellow SF Operators admit he was gay to the rest of us. You would have never guessed it. He was one tough SOB and very reliable when the bullets started flying. He gave us the option of outing him and we chose not to. We did tease him a bunch about showers and such but we still respected and loved the man. Still do.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

To Cat. In regards to whether hot male models were gay, this guy proves it. Not only did he go on to be a male model after the Army but he was also doing part time work as a male stripper.....I guess they are gay :D

#21 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:15 AM

It amazes me how many who complain about gays in the military are those who are not, have not and will not serve anyway.

Those who are serving are probably more interested in whether the person next to them can do the job than in what they do after hours. It is just asinine to turn away qualified individuals from serving their country while we are at war.

And just remember when Rush Limbaugh complains about this, he ducked Vietnam by claiming that a cyst on his butt qualified him as 4-F.

(Sorry, can't resist taking a swing at Limbaugh even if he is just slightly near the topic.)

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

The dumbest thing about the whole thing as it is is that our troops do currently serve side by side with openly gay soldiers from the UK. Have not heard of any issue ever with that.

#23 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

To Cat. In regards to whether hot male models were gay, this guy proves it. Not only did he go on to be a male model after the Army but he was also doing part time work as a male stripper.....I guess they are gay :D

There gayness wouldn't bother me anyways. And not all of them are. When I was in NY i met plenty of guys that looked that hot and were definitely straight (body wise, maybe not as much in the face). I didn't know guys like that actually existed in the real world. :willy_nilly:

#24 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

FWIW, I think lesbians with guns and "that time of month" = a lot of enemy dead.

you joke, but when you think about it, lesbians are less likely to get pregnant or stds, costing the military time and money. also, a hugely disproportionate number of athletes are lesbians. they really are the prototypical soldier that the military should want, yet we kick them out at an even higher rate than men.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

Its true, butch lesbians are some of the meanest motherfuckers on this planet. Plus they are smaller than men and would make ideal tank drivers and such.

#26 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

the table is set better than it ever has been for this horrible thing to be overturned.

the public supports it. military leadership supports it.

the only thing left is for the President to keep his promise. we'll see.

I hope he does keep his promise on this one. It needs to be gone.

#27 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Its true, butch lesbians are some of the meanest motherfugers on this planet. Plus they are smaller than men and would make ideal tank drivers and such.

Obviously you've never changed tracks on a tank. When the average woman has the muscle mass of the average man, I will stand by your statement 100%. Until then, no. Not only is there that difference, but when tankers go out for weeks at a time, now they'd have to build showers and latrines for females.
Heaven forbid we start hearing about the military making females shower and change feminine hygiene products in front of the males. Some things are in place for a reason.

As far as gays serving openly, let them serve. As long as they fall under the same sexual harassment rules as the rest of us, then there will be no problems.

#28 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:58 AM

Obviously you've never changed tracks on a tank. When the average woman has the muscle mass of the average man, I will stand by your statement 100%. Until then, no. Not only is there that difference, but when tankers go out for weeks at a time, now they'd have to build showers and latrines for females.
Heaven forbid we start hearing about the military making females shower and change feminine hygiene products in front of the males. Some things are in place for a reason.

As far as gays serving openly, let them serve. As long as they fall under the same sexual harassment rules as the rest of us, then there will be no problems.

But it worked in Battlestar. :D

#29 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

plus there's that wonderful stat that a female in the military is more likely to get raped by her fellow soldiers than killed by enemy fire.

#30 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

Have some pie, d00d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.