Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Third Round Pick #89 Armanti Edwards QB/KR/PR/WR/RB/etc

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if we are going to convert him into a WR, use him as a return man or a wild cat Qb? Just imagine this guy with our running backs in a wild cat, that's going to be nasty. That is of course if we decide to use him as a wild cat Qb. Also does anyone have video of Him playing WR?

Posted

I still don't get this pick. WFNZ says he must have completely wowed Fox and Hurney at the App state workout.

No idea where is is going to play

Posted

well actually he did play receiver for most of high school. he didnt switch to quarterback til his senior year. the only reason he went to app state was because they wanted him to play qb. he was heavily recruited by clemson and a couple other schools as a receiver. i get the point that he will take time to learn to be a wideout in the nfl but the bottom line is he is a hell of a talent and a big time winner. he had over 500 yards and 7 tds in a semi final game his soph year.

oh and he also played ok againest lsu his junior year. well i mean he didnt throw any ints but it wasnt his best game

Posted

I love this pick. It's about time we get a guy that can be a threat every time he touches the ball. I don't remember Carolina having a dynamic return man/ utility offensive threat that could be used to run entirely new offenses on occasion, reverses, etc for a good while now.

I think it's worth the risk. Some moves by Hurney and Fox are certainly questionable, but they aren't stupid. I'm sure other teams were showing interest and they felt it was just too good to pass on.

Posted

The kid is a hell of smart football player and a freakish athlete of a rare degree. He will probably need some time to learn a new position... but, I have little doubt (if given the chance and used properly) he will justify the Panthers pick.