Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lumps

Do you really think the goal of this season is to win?

88 posts in this topic

Ok I've come to accept the fact the Panthers are in rebuilding mode, anyone who says otherwise is just clinging on. Of course the panther's are going to try and win, but is that the main goal for them? As I see it the main goal is to just weed anyone out who doesn't pan out. Also called a 'throw away' season, which is a stupid label because it can do much more than actually winning for the right team.

The FO obviously knows they are up against some pretty big odds going into this season and trying to go to far, not saying it can't be done, but they can't honestly think than any reasonable and non-idiot fan is convinced they are going into 2010 with the playoffs/super bowl on their mind...but more of a , well if it happens even better type feeling...and yet I still buy season tickets...

1 person likes this

I mean hey, why would a head coach who needs at least a winning season to save his job actually try to win games? :rolleyes:

Ok I've come to accept the fact the Panthers are in rebuilding mode, anyone who says otherwise is just clinging on. Of course the panther's are going to try and win, but is that the main goal for them? As I see it the main goal is to just weed anyone out who doesn't pan out. Also called a 'throw away' season, which is a stupid label because it can do much more than actually winning for the right team.

The FO obviously knows they up against some pretty big odds going into this season and trying to go to far, not saying it can't be done, but they can't honestly think than any reasonable and non-idiot fan is convinced they are going into 2010 with the playoffs/super bowl on their mind...but more of a , well if it happens even better type feeling...and yet I still buy season tickets...

of course!!! why the hell would we want to win??? we gonna in every game and just lay down. in fact, next week will trade the rest of our picks for Jamarcus Russell, so we can complain about bringing in 4 QBs to back up Matt Moore. this season is a WASH!! :rolleyes:

No... we're gonna play not to lose.

1 person likes this

me thinks all you haters of our offseason will be doing a lot more cheering and a lot less complaining in a couple months.

rebuilding usually means 5 wins would be a good season - i just cant see that happening.

You guys are misreading the post, I agreed the panther's will try to win this season (for half the year's money as last but that's ok), I am not doubting that. They are going up against bigger odds, can't really be argued.

but winning in the future seems to be the main goal. Whether Fox is in that future or not, obviously depends on this year...so kind of a challenge for him...

I am not an off season hater, this is why you guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying, I love everything that has been done besides the Edwards pick, everything else including cutting players I liked. When I think of rebuild mode I just think of a lot of untested players coming in to be tested.

See: Herm Edwards

I mean hey, why would a head coach who needs at least a winning season to save his job actually try to win games? :rolleyes:

Agreed. Don't even show up, we aren't even going to try to win!

ok ill be honest. i didn't read it. but to answer the question (from the title) YES I DO! :biggrin:

1 person likes this

A win. ANY win next season is icing.