Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

My take on prayer

29 posts in this topic

yes, Arbeit mach Frei.

When it comes to this topic, like John Lennon said.."whatever gets you through the night, all right..all right".

If prayer doesn't help ya. Don't sweat it. Don't dog those who do and don't try to understand why they do it. It works for them.

Does it mean that EVERY prayer gets answered? No.

For those with kids knows this. You teach your kid to say please. So there are times they ask daddy or mommy for something and don't get it. What is the kids reply? But I said please.

Same with prayer and horrible things happening or not. There is simply things beyond our cranium to grasp at times and we need to be at peace with that.

hate crimes don't count as community work.

So church organizations do little good in the community? I never throw personal insults, but if you believe libs do more in the community than religious organizations, you are a colossal boob!

PLEASE, OH PLEASE show me what good any lib organization has EVER done in the community.

dude i never said religious people or organizations don't do any good. i said that doing accomplishes more than praying. i was speaking literally about the act of praying, not 'people who pray.'

i'm not even going to mind your last sentence cause that's just ignorant to the point of being vulgar.

I will say it. To me God is sovereign. He is in control all the time. That second plan didn't just slip by his radar. He allowed it to happen. Why? I have no idea. I'm not God.

Like Job said "Should we not also take the bad along with the good from God."

I know in my personal life God has allowed a lot of suffering. There has been many time I have looked back over the last 8 years of my life and realized I was happier and life was easier before I became a follower of Jesus.

But I trust God, that my suffering is not in vain. God would never waste a hurt. His purpose is for me to grow mature threw my suffering. To grow more mature mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. To become more like Christ and less like the old selfish self centered me.

God is more concerned with our character, than our comfort.

So God has a specific plan for you to grow and mature? But he just let those 40ish people in that plane die in a terrible crash?

grow and mature, burn to death soaked in jet fuel in a ferocious blaze of fear and panic. all part of the plan.

They deserved it, and everybody knows why...

So God has a specific plan for you to grow and mature? But he just let those 40ish people in that plane die in a terrible crash?

I don't know what Gods purpose for allowing that plan to crash and for the people on board to all die. (I heard it was around 50 people, plus 1 in the house it crashed into.)

I do know God will not wast the hurt. He will use this tragedy to work in the lives of the family and friends of those 50 some people. Some will come to the saving knowledge of Christ because of this, and some will grow and mature as they deal with there lose.

I know it seems cold and callus to allow 50 some people to die so that God may work in the lives of there loved ones. But God is the creator, we are his creation. He could take our lives when ever he wants.

Like the Bible says, Your not promised tomorrow. So live every day as if it were your last.

grow and mature, burn to death soaked in jet fuel in a ferocious blaze of fear and panic. all part of the plan.

Yes

you might as well be a satanist. you worship a sociopath.

you might as well be a satanist. you worship a sociopath.

I just look at things from God's perspective not from mans.

I focus on the eternal not the temporary.

Is being an eternal sociopath better?