Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War on Christmas continues

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've been hearing Christmas music everywhere I go since mid-October. Christmas wins.

Posted · Report post

Utah state senator decides to take matters into his own hands with an over the top proposal. However it is sad if his comments about what some employees are saying to him are true.

http://social.moldova.org/stiri/eng/169980/

Posted · Report post

I've been hearing Christmas music everywhere I go since mid-October. Christmas wins.

I'm sure on XM you can hear it year round!

Posted · Report post

Utah state senator decides to take matters into his own hands with an over the top proposal. However it is sad if his comments about what some employees are saying to him are true.

http://social.moldova.org/stiri/eng/169980/

Separation between church and state? What's that? We're a christian nation? Huh? What!? That's news to me.

Posted · Report post

How is postponing a nativity so all the class can take part a bad thing?

Read the article again, the first half. Sounds like it really was cancelled but after a barrage of complaints it was put back on...well into January. Looks very suspicisous that they quickly tried to "make amends" once they realized how many were upset.

I have served on many board of directors over the past 15 years and I would hope that nobody would stand up and make a proposal to eliminate old beloved Christmas traditions of that organization for the sake of PCness. I would go off on their arse for sure...and then probably resign if the measure was voted in.

Posted · Report post

Read the article again, the first half. Sounds like it really was cancelled but after a barrage of complaints it was put back on...well into January. Looks very suspicisous that they quickly tried to "make amends" once they realized how many were upset.

I have served on many board of directors over the past 15 years and I would hope that nobody would stand up and make a proposal to eliminate old beloved Christmas traditions of that organization for the sake of PCness. I would go off on their arse for sure...and then probably resign if the measure was voted in.

Back in my day we called that "compromise."

Posted · Report post

War on Hanukkah!

Actually this is outright wrong on so many levels. Those councilmen obviously are not in the current know about legal proceedings. That Supreme Court case has been broken down and modified by many state supreme courts that will allow some religious symbols on gvt property (like a manger) IF secular symbols are there also. Hanukkah, unlike Christmas, has very few symbols at all so it is highly limited.

Just for pure spite, if I was that Rabbi, I would get the largest, ugliest decoration of a dradle and sue the local government into allowing it with the Christmas decorations. Might get those idiots to wake up and listen to the majority of public opinions and desires and not the special interests of the few (and their legal threats).

http://www.erikrush.com/columns/NYT_121706.htm

Posted · Report post

I'm filing a complaint with the company I work for....was just at our HQ in RI and noticed there was a Christmas tree in the cafeteria but no candle holder for the Jews or bowl of fruit for the blacks. That's just wrong.