Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats Search For A Power Forward To Fill Out Roster (Scola a Sun, Jamison a Laker, Humphries a Net)

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Rick Bonnell

The Bobcats are waiting for answers from free-agent power forwards Kris Humphries and Antawn Jamison. If neither of those possibilities works out, Carl Landry could be an option to fill the Bobcats’ last inside roster spot. A 6-9 power forward, Landry was productive when healthy for the New Orleans Hornets last season, averaging 12.5 points, 5.2 rebounds and 50 percent shooting from the field. The problem has been injuries: He’s missed at least 25 games each of the past three seasons (one with the Sacramento Kings, the last two with the Hornets).

According to Bonnell, the Cats are working through this list

1. Antawn Jamison (Los Angeles Lakers)

2. Carl Landry

3. Kris Humphries (Brooklyn Nets)

4. Luis Scola (Phoenix Suns)

Posted

I love to add Humphries but I think Scola will def add major points to this young offense.

Jamison is old, okay add, but not 1st or 2nd priority.

Posted

According to Bonnell, Scola isn't happening and Humphries isn't looking good. Antwan has the job if he wants it.

Rick Bonnell@rick_bonnell

I hear the Nets have offered Humphries $20M over two seasons or $26M over 3 seasons. At that price, he's likely in Brooklyn.

Rick Bonnell@rick_bonnell

To answer the various questions, don't see Scola as a Bobcat. Jamison will be if that's what he chooses.

Posted

I'd like Landry but he is about as sure of a full season as Haywood, Jamison is not a bad stop gap either.

Posted

Just talked to Bonnell

From most likely to become a Cat to least likely to become a Cat he said...

1. Antawn Jamison

2. Carl Landry

3. Kris Humphries

4. Luis Scola

Posted

If the Bobcats can't land Jamison, maybe there's a way for MJ to add some more talent, like a trade for Tyler Hansbrough or signing Joseph Forte, Ademola Okulaja, Ed Cota, Shammond Williams, Makhtar N'Diaye, David Noel, or Marcus Ginyard.

I'm sure that if they need another assistant that Matt Doherty would be a good fit. I can't put my finger on it but there's something there that I'm sure MJ likes about Doherty.

Posted

If the Bobcats can't land Jamison, maybe there's a way for MJ to add some more talent, like a trade for Tyler Hansbrough or signing Joseph Forte, Ademola Okulaja, Ed Cota, Shammond Williams, Makhtar N'Diaye, David Noel, or Marcus Ginyard.

I'm sure that if they need another assistant that Matt Doherty would be a good fit. I can't put my finger on it but there's something there that I'm sure MJ likes about Doherty.

i dont want Jamison

Posted

Doesn't matter what you want chuck lol it's what management wants.

Posted

I see you don't have a brain.

Posted

Doesn't matter what you want chuck lol it's what management wants.

lol duh. but just making my case.

And seriously, I think we could get Scola for less than Jamison since he was amnestied.

Posted

Just giving you a hard time lol.

Posted

Just giving you a hard time lol.

lol, I got a feeling we're getting Scola soon. Maybe tomorrow.

My sources are telling me that.

Just like how they told me we were getting Ramon, and then today Haywood.