Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Alexander/Thomas Keiser > Greg Hardy

161 posts in this topic

Posted

In Hardy's defense he was going up against Jake Long all night.

I was going to ask this. Long was playing right? If this is true, people here are being away too rough.

Posted

Zod should have some good photos of Alexanders first sack I believe. Saw from the stands he was in perfect position to get some good shots of it, if in fact he was medai # 16(sure looked like him).

Posted

I like the motors of Keiser and Alexander. I hope that we get to see more of them at DE opposite CJ in both of the next preseason games.

Posted

Jake Long is a very very talented LT.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think we should start keiser. the guy does not quit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hardy has the size, the pedigree. He just seems to be kind of invisible out there. Keiser and Applewhite look much better.

Posted

some of you shouldn't drink heavily during games....

Posted

Can we keep 5 DEs? Really dont want to cut any of them.

Posted

Go back and look at CJs sack. Hardy drove his man up into the pocket, cutting off any escape route for Tannehill. CJ got around his guy and Tannehill had nowhere to go because Hardy drove his man all the way up into the play. Alexander looked good also, but he was playing back ups. Doubt he would've handled Jake Long any better.

Posted

Jake Long is a very very talented LT.

Yea, the only LT that's supposed to possibly be better is Joe Thomas, either way Jake Long is top 2 or 3 at least. And Hardy still got pressures and some decent run stops. He didn't play bad by any means, and Alexander didn't exactly ball out. He played ok, after Kuechly and Norman came out I was focused on Alexander on the defense most of all. I don't see where the perception that Alexander looked better than Hardy came from...

1 person likes this

Posted

I have Hardy near the top of my "sh1t or get off the pot" list this season.

Keiser looks legit IMHO and was good to see the DL play well last night.

See what happens when you have a legit pass rush?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Hardy played fairly well tonight and I was one of the people who was loosing his optimism for him. Other than the bonehead penalties he did his job. He didn't get the big numbers but he was holding the edge well on runs, penetrated and or pushed the line on most passing plays. His stat sheet wasn't sexy but he was disruptive. And as others have said....Jake Long. That guy makes a lot of DE's look average. I still think he needs to mature and step up, but im withholding judgement for now.

Alexander looked promising for a rook but that was all. He was not great against the run and wasn't consistent in pass rush. He had flashes without a doubt. But its way too early to give him the starting gig in my opinion.

1 person likes this