Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giants fans using local sports radio to claim...

52 posts in this topic

Posted

I would Ron Artest those fools if they were in my section.

Posted

lol wont happen

it will be 80/20 panthers

sad.

Posted

It's a process. If the Panthers can string together 3 or 4 playoff teams in a row, the percentage of visiting fans will drop. I have pie-in-the-sky dreams and envision Lombardy's. When we finally get one of those, the fan base will change dramatically.

As much as I hate them, the Saints fan base went from pedestrian to rabid after a Super Bowl win. We will have to brace ourselves for an onslaught of uniformed bandwagon jumpers if we can pull it off, but you have to take the good with the bad.

Now, if you have a ticket for tonight's game....GET TO YOUR SEAT EARLY AND RAISE TOTAL HELL!!!!

Posted

They won't have too, their team will do all the dirty work for them.

Posted

Remember, if your schedule and position permits, try to snap a few photos of my son this evening during the coin toss. I will be forever grateful.

Out of context, this sounds incredibly creepy, but what will he be wearing tonight when he is out there?

Posted

If we win I might end up getting arrested or curb stomped by a group of angry Giants fans.

curb stomped>jail

Posted

Lot's of transplanted New Yorkers in the CLT, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of Giants fans @ the game tonight, but "take over the stadium"? no.

Posted

Man i wish i could be back home for this, im up in Baltimore now. I would definitely be ready to go to battle with the troops!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

They won't have too, their team will do all the dirty work for them.

Bet we'll score more than 2 pts against them...

Posted

Buying a ticket should come with a binding legal document that forbids you from reselling to a fan of an opposing team.

Seriously how stupid can you people get?

Posted

sad.

Not that sad when you consider the number of NY/NJ transplants in the area.

Think about it: The Panthers are a small market team with a 9-25 record over the last three seasons, and attendance at the home opener was over 72K, primarily Panthers fans. I expect the same, if not better numbers tonight. Again, primarily Panthers fans. There is nothing "sad" about it, unless you're just looking for a reason to complain.

There will always be fans of both teams at BOA. It's that way at every sporting event in the country, even in those markets with the most die-hard supporters.

Also, local sports radio is not going to be a true reflection of the Charlotte sports market. They are going to take those callers and run with that agenda because it stirs the locals up and gets them to make threads like this which makes the radio show relevant. It's the same tactic used by ESPN and Skip Bayless.

Best thing to do is ignore them.

1 person likes this

Posted

there are probably a few giants fans with psl's