Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

89 started screaming and cursing at Cam last night

215 posts in this topic

Meh it's one thing to call someone out on the sideline .. but when you call them out to the media then no matter where they go they will know what they did wrong. Could be a good thing that he did that.

Opposite, calling guys out on the field or in house is fine...often a good thing. .Taking it to the media actually shows a LACK of leadership on Smith's part. Which is nothing new.

What Ricky Prohel did was leadership....

What Smitty did? Flawed

Opposite, calling guys out on the field or in house is fine...often a good thing. .Taking it to the media actually shows a LACK of leadership on Smith's part. Which is nothing new.

What Ricky Prohel did was leadership....

What Smitty did? Flawed

He did both, let's see how he acts next week if we're down.(Cam I mean)

He's not HOF bound by you sadly, but he is by me. I guess we'll find out in time.

In time is not in reality

I can't wait for this circus and talk to end when we beat the falcons on Sunday.

Footballisasport I think you are confusing jay cutler for derek anderson (when he played for the cardinals)

I don't understand why the QB is allowed to sit on the bench and not be part of talking to the other QBs and coaches.

He is PART of the team he isn't THE TEAM.

On JPP, exactly, and BTW that was a player we had th opportunity to draft and didn't.

I don't mean to pile onto Newton, there are plenty of other issues with this team; but, QB is the leader. I saw it last year and thought, ok, he just needs to learn; but, in year 2, that crap in the press conferences and the sidelines to stop.

I manage people. I don't like it; but, I do. The way I act, the way I lead, the way I do things under pressure has a mirror effect on the people around me. Cam has got to get that and understand it. If it doesn't, it's over. Draft someone else.

If we are totally honest with ourselves, who on this board thought Newton could/would lead a comeback?

We never had a chance to draft JPP....

We absolutely could have.

God knows we have traded up for Everett Brown, Armanti Edwards, shall I go on.

They would've been portrayed as "victims" of a selfish diva WR. Luck threw 3 picks his first game and got smoked, and none of the media roasted him for it and demanded one of his receivers "put him in his place". But Cameron because of his size and athleticism will never be portrayed as that way. He will be marketed as a "brute", great physical specimen but flawed or undeveloped mentally. Same rehashed Jim crow era stereotypes, despite the fact Cameron is a lot smarter and mature than he's given credit at 23 years old.

I am Newton supporter.'

I wanted him here.

I wanted him drafted.

Have you ever considered that people are hard on Newton because they want him to do so well, that they want him to be perfect, that when is not, they are extremely let down.

He brings great hope behind the 'Superman' imitation.

He set that table of expectations and when the dinner served on that table is not platable, people

are disappointed.

I have no love of Luck. Didn't want him here. Luck has not won, and probabily will not win ROY. It probably would have been better for Newton if he didn't either. Things came a little too easily for him last year. Now, those fast defenders and smart coaches have tape on him.

He needs to adjust, and the coaches need to help him adjust or he won't be here long. Simple and plain.

Regardless of all of this, his demeanor at press conferences, remember, he represents the team and the city and the fans, when or lose, is atrocious. There is no excuse for that.

There is also no excuse for how he behaves during games either. He hurts the team. He hurts his cit. He hurts himself. He is capable of more. He needs to understand that.

If he needs help, be it in the football game plan, be it in leadership, be it in presentation, thenthe Panthers organization needs to get it for him because quite honestly, it's embarassing for all concerned.

He's not 7. He's a 23 year old man.

I personally hope with everything in me as I have season tickets and followed this team from the beginning, that for the young man, for the team he 'leads' that he man's up. comes out, has the

game of his life and kick's the living hell out of Atlanta....that the media and this board can point to others on the team but not him.

Probability of this happening, not high.

1 person likes this

Very well put Raleighpanther, I had high expectations, He's got alot on his shoulders, I sure hope he takes heed and lets some of the vets in. He does need help. KNOW IT ALL kind of guys don't get far.

Hey Raleigh, looks like Timewarner is giving us NFL network now, (they just signed the contract yesterday)

I have to LOL...Cam Newton gets ripped because he didn't play well and is being scorned because the media has turned him having a towel over his head into him having a bad attitude. While Stevie gets rewarded by the same media for having such a firey hot and over the temper. And to think Terrelle Owens and Chad Johnson were shoved out of the NFL because of their supposedly bad attitudes or was it because they showed it to the wrong QB and team?

So Stevie taking his anger out on Cam for the lost of his team and the media having a field day with it because he sat on the sideline, is your idea of Stevie being a captain...Hmmmm I wonder how it would have been spunned had it been, Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford who was screamed at by their receiver because he didn't "show" the kind of the emotion the receiver felt he should after losing? But it's only Cam, the media whooping boy, who was already smeared and scroned before he left college because he help take a not so media favored college football team to the championship game.

This reminds me of the tomfoolery that insued with the Bears when the camera caught Cutler laughing on the sidelines and the media blew that into him not taking the game of football seriously.

Dear Panther fans, you will not be winning much play-offs or SB rings with the kind of attitude you project unto your QBs. Attacking your QB whenever you lose isn't going to help you much.Learn from your division rivals the Saints about maturity. They lost a game that should have been theirs. Didn't see any receiver chewing out their QB for not acting the he wanted.

Thank you Steve for playing right into the media's hands. You just threw your team's season down the drain. What is with this team and it's issues with having no respect for their QBs? And you folks wonder why you're not going very far.

You nut huggers have completely missed the point of Smitty's comments and the criticism on here. It had nothing to do with poor play in the field. Cam had a terrible night...poo happens. The defense had a terrible night...the coaches had a terrible night. Those things happen in the NFL.

Smitty's comments were directly related to Cam's immaturity and his sulking in the sideline when things don't go we'll. He does act like a child who sulks when he does not get his way. This is something that can be learned, but will continue to be an issue if Cam does not try to correct it.

Leadership is easy when things are going well . True leaders step up and help carry their team emotionally when things go bad. This is the lesson that Can has yet to master.i just hope he will.

You nut huggers have completely missed the point of Smitty's comments and the criticism on here. It had nothing to do with poor play in the field. Cam had a terrible night...poo happens. The defense had a terrible night...the coaches had a terrible night. Those things happen in the NFL.

Smitty's comments were directly related to Cam's immaturity and his sulking in the sideline when things don't go we'll. He does act like a child who sulks when he does not get his way. This is something that can be learned, but will continue to be an issue if Cam does not try to correct it.

Leadership is easy when things are going well . True leaders step up and help carry their team emotionally when things go bad. This is the lesson that Can has yet to master.i just hope he will.

True, but also lost in that.....

Is although something needed be said similar to the way Prohel addressed Smith.....Smith then went and handled it wrong.

When Cam did his touchdown celebration (s), there was this slight pause before he began that made it all sort of awkward looking. It's like he was going to get back to the team, but then remembered, "Oh yeah, I've got to do my signature thing, it's in my contract."

There was something that seemed un-genuine about it, forced. One of the commentators even referenced something like, "Yep, we've got to enforce the brand" referring to the unrelenting marketing of Cam Newton.

Must have towel on head on the sidelines. Must have GATORADE towel on head on the sidelines. Must hold Gatorade cup on sidelines with logo facing out, uncovered.

Yo, Cam, you here to play football or sell Amway?

He needs to get his priorities straight, and football should come first.

And maybe the coach should sit him a game or two and make him carry a clipboard. I mean, there is a Pro Bowl quarterback backing him up that can run a vanilla offense that works the fundamentals.

And Smitty was right, so very right to do what he did. It ain't about Cam, it's about the team.

Joke all you want, but Delhomme could lead a team. He might get the living crap beat out of him, but he kept fighting until the end. But then again, he didn't have a starting quarterback job handed to him on a silver plate on draft day. He had to keep fighting and keep trying until he got a chance. He took his first team and us, as a starting quarterback, to the Super Bowl.

And Cam, where's he going to take us? I'm hoping it's the Super Bowl. Otherwise he's going to be taking us to E-Bay to try and ditch those commemorative Gatorade bottles.

smitty lets everyone have it. I have no problem with Smitty yelling at Cam...this is the nfl you have to be professional.

post-5955-0-39161500-1348326833_thumb.jp