71 replies to this topic

#41 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

My post had nothing to do with you. You are taking your case up with the wrong person.

Just make shore not to hwurt anyones feewings or you'll get a time out :(

#42 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Just make shore not to hwurt anyones feewings or you'll get a time out :(

Not something I do. I may disagree with someone, but I do it respectfully. Not that hard.

#43 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

That isn't really true....

Would you say he was a top 5 caliber in 2012 before getting hurt?

Would you say e was top 5 caliber in 2010 when benched?

He has a top 5 caliber year in 2011. Career wise, only one season has he played up to his contract.

his 2011 and 2010 were very similar statistically. His 0.45 yards per route run (per PFF) was a league best when he went out.

Glad that the team is playing well, and it makes some sense (Munnerlyn was very good in the slot before Gamble went out) that there are some step-up players, but there's no reason to let your best DB go just because of a few good games out of others. You do need more than one.

#44 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Gamble was the best CB in the NFL statistically before he got hurt this year. Someone posted the numbers before he went on IR. And holding that 2010 season against him with a lame duck coach and 2-14 season is kinda petty. Career wise he has been a great player for majority of his career, if not, what did he do the first 6 years he was here to get the contract in the first place? The whole not worth the money talk is petty as well, Darrelle Revis is the best CB in the NFL but he still isnt worth the insane contract the Jets gave him, they are not that good and he is on IR too.

Point remains, you can't call him a top 5 CB.....when he only showed up and did it once.

Gamble was great in 2011... But if 2011 didn't exist.....he would be just your standard overpaid player. Good but paid to be great. I am not in favor of paying big money for older players....when young ones can do the job.

#45 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

his 2011 and 2010 were very similar statistically. His 0.45 yards per route run (per PFF) was a league best when he went out.

Glad that the team is playing well, and it makes some sense (Munnerlyn was very good in the slot before Gamble went out) that there are some step-up players, but there's no reason to let your best DB go just because of a few good games out of others. You do need more than one.

Well, stats only take things s far....

Let me ask it this way....when Gamble was benched in 2010 and now hurt in 2012.....was he really missed? D was fine then and so far okay now. Why pay old guys big money when there impact isn't glaring when not on the field?

#46 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

To me he is too talented to be on the bench.He is much more athletic than Naka

I think he played his college ball at Buffalo and was drafted by Dallas. He was advertised as "RAW" but they had immediate CB needs. He was not ready then, and he was not ready when we picked him up. He is now. Plain and simple. I noticed that he is in the game but I rarely see balls going his way. The goal line play was very impressive, not because the announcers said so, but I was happy to see him getting his due. As a safety, I have no idea. I like him at CB so far. However, you are right--we need our best players on the field.

Was very impressed that we were playing aggressive at the safety spot. Martin was better, Godfrey looked more into the game. They are not the kind of players who play deep well. I think we need a smart FS who can QB the secondary-but the defense is doing well.

Good comment though. He needs to be on the field.

#47 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• LocationRound about here
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

bump

Rivera talks about how impressed he is with Thomas and why.

http://beachcarolina...jury/?wpmp_tp=0

#48 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Did anyone notice Martin got WAY more snaps than Naka this week?

#49 jarhead

jarhead

• Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Dang Jar--I had the same thought and posted it after you but before I read this. He is a player-I started noticing hm during the preseason.

Great minds think alike

#50 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I really liked what I saw when I went to training camp. He seems to be a very serviceable backup for us and is a good type to have step in. He has a lot of that tenaciousness I like in a secondary guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users