To announce the layoffs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

We could keep them afloat if we spent more on Defense...

#3 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

To announce the layoffs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

Not sure if you are saying this is because of Obama but given you history I will pre-emptively make sure that is not your intent.

Boeing said the changes were not a response to the threat of additional, across-the-board U.S. budget cuts due to take effect on Jan. 2, or the outcome of U.S. elections, but represented another step in its continuing drive to "be more competitive while investing in technologies and people."

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm sure the moving out of California was more election results driven than anything else, not necessarily Obama.

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Not sure if you are saying this is because of Obama but given you history I will pre-emptively make sure that is not your intent.

It is against the law not to announce the layoffs so this is the reason for the disclaimer. Many companies were set to announce until dems asked them to wait until after the election and there was also talk of picking up the tab or waiving the penalties for not obeying the law.

FYI

#6 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,026 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

We could keep them afloat if we spent more on Defense...

Nope. Cut them.

Cut the defense budget.

Cut the Medicare budget.

Cut everything....but do it evenly.

Time to right the ship.

And yes, I know it's a pipe dream.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Nope. Cut them.

Cut the defense budget.

Cut the Medicare budget.

Cut everything....but do it evenly.

Time to right the ship.

And yes, I know it's a pipe dream.

The problem I see is that Obama is not a Clinton nor a Reagan. He has NEVER worked with the other side of the aisle. He cut them completely out of the process his first two years of office and then when he had to work with them, all came to a halt.

I am afraid that all the cuts he offers will be one sided. Cut defense and raise taxes. This will be his only offer. I hope I am wrong, but we will see.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Okay now to report this also.

http://security.blog...rone/?hpt=hp_t3

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.

The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.

The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.

Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

Two U.S. officials explained the jets were part of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps force, which has been more confrontational than regular Iranian military forces.

The Obama administration did not disclose the incident, which occurred just days before the presidential election on November 1, but three senior officials confirmed the details to CNN.

The officials declined to be identified because of sensitive intelligence matters surrounding the matter.

The drone's still and video cameras captured the incident showing two SU-25s approaching the Predator and firing its onboard guns.

The Iranian pilots continued to fire shots that went beneath the Predator but were never successful in hitting it, according to the officials.

U.S. military intelligence analysts are still not sure if the Iranian pilots simply were unable to hit the drone due to lack of combat skill, or whether they deliberately were missing and had no intention of bringing down the drone. But as one of the officials said, "it doesn't matter, they fired on us."

The official confirmed the United States protested the incident but has not heard back from Iran.

Iran has, at times, been confrontational in the region. In January, the U.S. military and coast guard had close encounters with Iranian Navy vessels which approached at high speeds and exhibited provocative behavior.
Post by: By CNN Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr
Filed under: drones • FIRST ON CNN/EXCLUSIVE • Iran • Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps

#9 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

The problem I see is that Obama is not a Clinton nor a Reagan. He has NEVER worked with the other side of the aisle.

How much is the "other side" really willing to work with you, when they say something like this...

Don't sit here and say the Republicans have made every effort to work with Obama. I'm not also going to say there hasn't been opposition from the left either, because there has. I just hope that with what is looming and after the election, Washington can be adults about this.

#10 ckad79

ckad79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Cut the defense budget.

Your going to continue to see more and more of that, which is a good thing. Wasteful military spending has gotten out of control. It won't be easy, as too many contractors are dependable on those handouts from the government.

http://www.forbes.co...didnt-work-out/

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

How much is the "other side" really willing to work with you, when they say something like this...

Don't sit here and say the Republicans have made every effort to work with Obama. I'm not also going to say there hasn't been opposition from the left either, because there has. I just hope that with what is looming and after the election, Washington can be adults about this.

If I am not mistaken, he did not say this when Obama took office like most want you to beleive, but after his first two years when Obama and Dems shut them out of everything. As Rahm Emanual said, "we have the numbers, FK em". Then they passed with no input from Repubs, everything they wanted. At this point, having never worked with the President on anything, basically because the President had no desire, McConnel was of the mind set to turn the government over.

Hey, same with Clinton, except after 2 years when Clinton got a wake up call, he worked across the aisle and benefitted greatly. Obama has not ever proven he can do it. We will see. Agree though that it was not a good thing to say.

#12 ckad79

ckad79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

If I am not mistaken, he did not say this when Obama took office like most want you to beleive, but after his first two years when Obama and Dems shut them out of everything.

So for the past 2 years (but not 4), the Republicans have plotted against Obama? What a relief.

#13 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Obama won. On the other side we have the least popular congress in history. Draw your own conclussions

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

So for the past 2 years (but not 4), the Republicans have plotted against Obama? What a relief.

I think they passed 40 plus bills that are sitting in the Senate and have never been voted on. Take from it what you will.

The grand bargain was a done deal until Obama got told to up the ante. Hard to bargain that way

#15 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

What's a conclussion? Is that what happens when the economy crashes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.