28 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Surprised nobody has made a thread about this game yet. Just bought it myself. After having to suffer through Halo 4 multiplayer the past week I can't tell you how relieved I am to be playing this. I'll probably still always prefer the Battlefield series, but this game is pretty fun so far. Played about 8 matches and I LOVE the new Pick 10 system. Haven't really had a chance to unlock a whole lot of things yet but I can imagine the variety of gameplay with this system.

So far the maps seem really well designed. Don't really have a feel for them yet so I'm not sure if I'll like them as much as the first Black Ops or not. But the maps I've played have been really nice.

#2 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,463 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Bought mw3 (well, the wife did) and wasn't impressed. Turned to battlefield 3 and thoroughly enjoy it. I have heard black ops ii is leaps and bounds better that mw3.

#3 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,639 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

http://community.cal...art=10&tstart=0

This lag compensation/hit detection issue is all over the forums and guys I play with seem to be having the same issue. It comes and goes for me but sometimes it feels like I put six bullets in a guy's chest and he then one shots me. There was not this playability issue in MW3.

The game reps are saying it's not an issue.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,808 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

http://community.cal...art=10&tstart=0

This lag compensation/hit detection issue is all over the forums and guys I play with seem to be having the same issue. It comes and goes for me but sometimes it feels like I put six bullets in a guy's chest and he then one shots me. There was not this playability issue in MW3.

The game reps are saying it's not an issue.

Disagree, that and the spawn points were my biggest complaints with MW3.

However, I'll be getting BOII later today, I'll chime in once I've had a chance to play it some.

#5 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,639 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Disagree, that and the spawn points were my biggest complaints with MW3.

However, I'll be getting BOII later today, I'll chime in once I've had a chance to play it some.

It seems way worse in BLOPS2.

Report back when you get it!

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

I haven't really noticed lag that much. Some matches it is noticeable though...which is why I wish they would go to dedicated servers. For the most part though it's no worse or better than the first Black Ops.

#7 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

It's funny that I haven't gotten this.
I guess I am just sick of how much of a money pit that online gaming has become. Seriously, you pay $400 on a game console, $60 for xbox live, $50 for an Internet connection, then $60 for the game. The after you pay all that money for everything, they require you pay an additional $15 per map pack, or another $50 to become elite!

I am just scared to find out what this will cost in 10 years when my kids start playing.

...it just pisses me off.

#8 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

i might get it next week but im having too much fun in halo 4. I'm thinking about getting it for PC though because of my new custom desktop

#9 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Surprised nobody has made a thread about this game yet. Just bought it myself. After having to suffer through Halo 4 multiplayer the past week I can't tell you how relieved I am to be playing this. I'll probably still always prefer the Battlefield series, but this game is pretty fun so far. Played about 8 matches and I LOVE the new Pick 10 system. Haven't really had a chance to unlock a whole lot of things yet but I can imagine the variety of gameplay with this system.

So far the maps seem really well designed. Don't really have a feel for them yet so I'm not sure if I'll like them as much as the first Black Ops or not. But the maps I've played have been really nice.

what's wrong with Halo 4? I was already thinking that I would only play story mode on it once I get it, and do online play with PS3, but it was just a money saving thing.

#10 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

what's wrong with Halo 4? I was already thinking that I would only play story mode on it once I get it, and do online play with PS3, but it was just a money saving thing.

Nothing is wrong with Halo 4, if you like Halo multiplayer. I'm just not into it. I tried to get into it for about a week before BLOPS II came out, just didn't do anything for me.

#11 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Servers are horrible, but the game is good. The lag that you get stuck playing in really makes this game hard to play sometimes. You gotta love that you have to play on a worse connection then what you pay for, thanks Lag Ops

#12 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think it is leaps and bounds better than MW3. The game does lag occasionally, but the pick 10 system is legit and the maps are pretty decent for the most part. I am near level 53 and I just don't understand the complaints regarding the spawn system. Sometimes they mess up, but I think that is more of an exception than a trend. I remember in MW3 I would spawn in front of people nearly every match which caused me to sell it back after a couple of weeks.

Just my two cents. I would recommend buying it.

#13 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

So far Im loving BO2. Bought it last night, and have been playing all day.

The battle axe is fuging awesome. The laser sight is fugging awesome. Only map I don't care for is Express. Favorite weapons so far would be the FAL, and the Vektor. I haven't played Zombies or Campaign mode yet so don't have an opinion on that yet.

#14 adub2b23

adub2b23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

The crossbow is badass. I have unlocked all the attachments on it, and with the Dual Band scope and the Tri-bolt attached it is a very deadly weapon.

#15 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,967 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I played for like 2 days, got bored, went back to Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Need to fire it up. It may be an ebay resell for me soon though :( Think I'm just bored with the series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com