Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherTrain84

Uh oh. Pat Y might just have dropped a bombshell. Get ready for Beane as GM

194 posts in this topic

A fan base is going to quit on the Panthers based on who JR hires as GM? I think you have lost touch with reality. The average Panthers fan probably didn't even know Hurney was the GM or what he even looked like.

A fan base is going to quit (and has been quitting) on a team that is pretty much a running joke year in and year out. Four winning seasons in eighteen years. Four. Since 1995. It's not that half the fan base will literally say "omfg we chose Beane?! BEANE?!". What they'll do is notice that we're a poo team next year yet again and stop caring even more than they already do. And Beane, the guy who was an underling to the other guy we just ran out of town because of the complete fuging mess he made of things, gives very little hope that we'd change a system and situation that has completely and utterly failed.

Hey, if your team wins 13 games in 3 seasons, is eliminated from playoff contention by week 8, and has serious cap issues, why would you not stick with the guys who got you there?

fug it, lets bring back hurney and sign Rivera to a 5 year extension while we are at it.

Or maybe JR could just take a huge dump at midfield before the next game to let the fans know what he thinks about them

JR did say they wanted to do things their way. If this happens I'm selling all my tickets to opposing fans next year. Something I swore I'd never do.

on paper this makes sense, but in execution it will fail.

A fan base is going to quit (and has been quitting) on a team that is pretty much a running joke year in and year out. Four winning seasons in eighteen years. Four. Since 1995. It's not that half the fan base will literally say "omfg we chose Beane?! BEANE?!". What they'll do is notice that we're a poo team next year yet again and stop caring even more than they already do. And Beane, the guy who was an underling to the other guy we just ran out of town because of the complete fuging mess he made of things, gives very little hope that we'd change a system and situation that has completely and utterly failed.

it's a good sign that we'd be in for more of the same that that all the changes made have been nothing more than window dressing. it's a shout to the world that everything is fine here, even though it obviously isn't.

now it could be that beane has the inside track, but considering they haven't been able to talk to the people they would like to it wouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish (being on the inside track).

it's kind of hard to not be ahead of guys that haven't been talked to.

JR did say they wanted to do things their way. If this happens I'm selling all my tickets to opposing fans next year. Something I swore I'd never do.

Did that for the Atlanta game. It was my form of civil disobedience.

I slept like a baby that night.

on paper this makes sense, but in execution it will fail.

It doesn't make sense on paper, either.

Love how you make a definitive judgement on and evaluation of Beane......a person that you know absolutely nothing about.

i am not saying that he is the guy or not. But our fanbases ridiculous beliefs that they know anything about what it takes to be a GM of a multi billion dollar organization is laughable.

Quite frankly, most of the posters here are not even qualified to run a lemonade stand...nevermind a large organization.

it's a good sign that we'd be in for more of the same that that all the changes made have been nothing more than window dressing. it's a shout to the world that everything is fine here, even though it obviously isn't.

I understand your point that it would appear that hiring an insider would be just more of the same. But, that is not necessarily true. We have no idea whether Beane's views and Hurney's views were anything alike. Just because one worked for the other does not make this necessarily true.

I know nothing about Beane and a pretty limited understanding of what it really takes to be a good GM. Therefore, I will defer judgement to Acorsi, who was hired to do just that.

Now, if Acorsi makes a suggestion to go outside and JR goes against that suggestion, then we should all be pissed. You hire an expert because you value their opinion.....you don't hire one to go against their opinion.

I understand your point that it would appear that hiring an insider would be just more of the same. But, that is not necessarily true. We have no idea whether Beane's views and Hurney's views were anything alike. Just because one worked for the other does not make this necessarily true.

I know nothing about Beane and a pretty limited understanding of what it really takes to be a good GM. Therefore, I will defer judgement to Acorsi, who was hired to do just that.

Now, if Acorsi makes a suggestion to go outside and JR goes against that suggestion, then we shoudl all be pissed. You hire an expert because you value their opinion.....you don't hire one to go against their opinion.

Beane's views don't concern me.

His complete lack of any significant experience prerequisite to the job- especially when compared to other viable candidate? That does (big time).

1 person likes this