Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Coaching / GM News

1,026 posts in this topic

Posted

McCoy might be a better HC than QB coach.

Posted

San Diego is making a road show out of their GM search. They were in Indy today with Telesco and have Ross scheduled for tomorrow in NYC.

Posted

Throw Hurney in there with the Fired GMs

Posted

McCoy might be a better HC than QB coach.

Shhhh don't say that poo, McCoy is the devil around here! Remember?!

Posted

Throw Hurney in there with the Fired GMs

The Panthers are mentioned, but Hurney wasn't a recent firing.

Posted

From Florio:

Here’s the quick summary, as it’s currently making the rounds in league circles.

1. The Jets are expected to hire 49ers exec Tom Gamble (pictured).

2. The Jaguars are expected to hire Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell.

3. The Chiefs are expected to hire Packers director of operations John Dorsey.

4. The Cardinals are expected to promote Steve Keim.

5. The Panthers are believed to be leaning toward Giants executive Dave Gettleman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/g-m-dominoes-could-start-falling-soon/

Presumably this would seem to point towards Ross in San Diego (and if the rumor about Ross wanting to hire his own staff is correct, I think he and SD would be a great match).

Posted

From Florio:

http://profootballta...t-falling-soon/

Presumably this would seem to point towards Ross in San Diego (and if the rumor about Ross wanting to hire his own staff is correct, I think he and SD would be a great match).

I'd be fine with that choice, but I'm still a little skeptical of people knowing how we're "leaning" when nobody's even been interviewed yet.

Posted

I'd be fine with that choice, but I'm still a little skeptical of people knowing how we're "leaning" when nobody's even been interviewed yet.

Agreed, with the caveat that you can always have a favorite going into the interviews, then reassess based on how the interviews actually go.

Posted

From Florio:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/g-m-dominoes-could-start-falling-soon/

If the chips fall this way, Ross just may end up back in New York. Telesco's gaining steam in San Diego.

Posted

If the chips fall this way, Ross just may end up back in New York. Telesco's gaining steam in San Diego.

I think the Jets will get Gamble.

Would be wild to see Ross make all those rounds and not wind up with a job. And yes, that's possible, though unlikely,

If it did happen though, I'd be on the phone asking him if he wants a "director of player personnel" job here (would still be a promotion) or even an assistant GM job.

Posted

Eagles have received permission to interview Gus Bradley.

Unrelated, but here's a fun pic linked from Jonathan Jones' Twitter...

A_yMeDSCQAA37J2.jpg

Posted

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Eagles requested permission to intervew Seahawks DC Gus Bradley and Colts OC Bruce Arians.