Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

NFL Coaching / GM News

1,023 posts in this topic

Speculation that new Bills coach Doug Marrone will try to steal OC Pete Carmichael from the Saints, DC Mike Pettine from the Jets,

Technically not stealing either since both of their contracts have expired...

Speculation that new Bills coach Doug Marrone will try to steal OC Pete Carmichael from the Saints, DC Mike Pettine from the Jets,

Could make the Bills a very, very serious team. They will, however, need an incredibly accurate QB to fit that offense (much like Brees)

They also let slip earlier that they're very interested in Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

Could make the Bills a very, very serious team. They will, however, need an incredibly accurate QB to fit that offense (much like Brees)

They also let slip earlier that they're very interested in Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

Well of course they are, his college HC is now the Bills HC :P

Word now that the Cardinals are in negotiations with Steve Keim.

With Dave Caldwell, said to be pursuing other opportunities (per the link UNC posted elsewhere) it looks like the final two guys that the Jags were said to be choosing between have both bailed on them.

They had reached out to Tom Gamble for a second interview but he declined because he was focused on the Jets job (though apparently not focused enough to give a good interview). I suppose he could call tham back and say "ummm, I changed my mind" :lol:

Gotta wonder if the Jags will try to push for another interview with Marc Ross.

Word now that the Cardinals are in negotiations with Steve Keim.

With Dave Caldwell, said to be pursuing other opportunities (per the link UNC posted elsewhere) it looks like the final two guys that the Jags were said to be choosing between have both bailed on them.

They had reached out to Tom Gamble for a second interview but he declined because he was focused on the Jets job (though apparently not focused enough to give a good interview). I suppose he could call tham back and say "ummm, I changed my mind" :lol:

Gotta wonder if the Jags will try to push for another interview with Marc Ross.

They will have to wait till he leaves Charlotte today....if he leaves that is.

True :lol:

we can only hope....

we can only hope....

As of now that is all we have... hope

To be clear, the Panthers aren't technically required to interview all candidates. If they interview Ross today and decide he's the guy, they could hire him on the spot (wouldn't have to worry about the Rooney Rule since Ross satisfies it).

Mind you, from what I know that's not generally how the team operates. I suspect they'll interview everyone who takes the time to travel here (even if the decision is already made behind the scenes).

To be clear, the Panthers aren't technically required to interview all candidates. If they interview Ross today and decide he's the guy, they could hire him on the spot (wouldn't have to worry about the Rooney Rule since Ross satisfies it).

Mind you, from what I know that's not generally how the team operates. I suspect they'll interview everyone who takes the time to travel here (even if the decision is already made behind the scenes).

could you explain the rooney rule please? I am serious.