Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Shula is OC, I vote Chris Weinke for QB coach

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Once he makes the jump to NFL coaching, there's always upward progression. He stands to make a lot more in the long term in the NFL than he does at IMG, it's just a fact.

Posted

How much more money? Let's get some real numbers in here. Right now he has a heck of a lot more security and a heck of a lot less responsibility than an actual NFL coach.

I doubt that you can find out how much he makes at IMG. Assistants and position coaches in the NFL average around $250K - $350K. Some receive much more (think Sean Payton as QB coach and Asst HC in Dallas), and some of the less experienced receive closer to $150K or $200K.

Presumably Weinke wouldn't see much of a bump in salary to start with, but if he wanted to get into coaching where he might move up the ranks quickly to an OC, then he could be enticed by future earning potential.

Posted

"Chris and I are on the same page talking plays and protections," Tannehill says. "I've gotten so much better in my time here being smoother in my drops and not aiming the ball."

Weinke earns a six-figure salary and aspires to become a college head coach. But his payoff on game days is watching Newton and Ponder apply his lessons on his office flat screen.

taken from a cached IMG academy website page.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Chris+Weike+Salary+at+IMG&d=5004655625044502&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=1321EnhZ9c_j2ohyryv_QUCd67jWvBVA

Posted

Weinke is getting paid a ton more working with players at IMG for him to come coach Cam for peanuts and under a lame duck coach.

Posted

Weinke is getting paid a ton more working with players at IMG for him to come coach Cam for peanuts and under a lame duck coach.

Can we stop calling Rivera a "lame duck coach"? Fox was a lame duck coach. he was not going to be signed to an extension, he was in the last year of his contract, that writing was on the wall. Rivera is a coach with 2 years left on his contract. year 3 is usually when owners/GMs decide whether or not to keep the coach any longer. If we go to the playoffs this coming year, then we probably keep Rivera.

rivera has a potential future here. People need to get over that and hope that he brings us wins.

[/of topic]

3 people like this

Posted

Posted this earlier today on coaching options if Shula moved up to OC. I think this would be a win win.

Posted

do want

Posted

if he'd leave IMG i'd love to see it. he was instrumental in cam's development early on and should be largely credited for helping cam overcome a locked out training camp/offseason to blow up the league as a rook.

Posted

do want

1237977251_jay-and-silent-bob.gif

Posted

If Shula is OC, it doesn't make a bit of difference who the QB coach is. Put the best QB coach of all time there, it's just polishing brass on the Titanic of Shula failure.

Posted

sounds good to me

Posted

These guys with consultant jobs really have no driving reason to take QB coach jobs, honestly.