• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

its amazing the excuses made for rivera losing and harbaugh winning that get thrown around.

boils down to one guys knows what he's doing and the other is learning (i hope) and one guy having balls and the other doesn't.

#17 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

San Francisco was loaded on defense and the oline Harbaugh got there. He just had to get some receivers in there and decent QB play. Lets not act like he did it with the Jaguars. If you give us San frans oline and defensive players with Cam we win 10 games minimum even with bad clock management.

#18 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I have zero faith in this fanbase.

This. What's even more funny about all the Rivera haters is that as soon as we start winning with him they will be singing his praises. Smh

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Why would you have faith in a coach that has not produced?

I recommend only having faith in those that have been successful.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

This. What's even more funny about all the Rivera haters is that as soon as we start winning with him they will be singing his praises. Smh

Wait, so you mean he has to accomplish something to deserve praise?

Weird!

#21 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Wait, so you mean he has to accomplish something to deserve praise?

Weird!

No, what's weird is they hate him now and can't wait for him to be fired, but as soon as he starts winning they'll flip flop and day he is great. I'm more willing to let hi 3rd year get started before I want to throw him out. Next year we win 10 and make the playoffs.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

No, what's weird is they hate him now and can't wait for him to be fired, but as soon as he starts winning they'll flip flop and day he is great. I'm more willing to let hi 3rd year get started before I want to throw him out. Next year we win 10 and make the playoffs.

So you are saying when he is losing we don't like him but if he starts winning we will like him?

Have you submitted this theory to the national psychology board for peer review?

#23 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Harbaugh walked into a situation with great lines, a good running game, and a couple of fine defensive players.

He had a mediocre to average QB in Smith and average WRs in turns of NFL production.

He took a chance on Colin. He wanted a Cam clone and he worked out for him.

Rivera walked into a team, inspite what a lot of people like to think here, that just does not have that type of talent on the lines.

Great lines do wonderful things for football teams.

This free agency period and draft will tell us a great deal about Rivera and Gettleman. Do I see Rivera ever being in the NFC Championship game, sadly no. I hope I'm wrong.

Do I think Cam can ever have the type of evening Colin had, I don't know, I hope so.

#24 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,217 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I'll be a Rivera nut-hugger if he gets me a playoff game.

#25 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Harbaugh walked into a situation with great lines, a good running game, and a couple of fine defensive players.

He had a mediocre to average QB in Smith and average WRs in turns of NFL production.

He took a chance on Colin. He wanted a Cam clone and he worked out for him.

Rivera walked into a team, inspite what a lot of people like to think here, that just does not have that type of talent on the lines.

Great lines do wonderful things for football teams.

This free agency period and draft will tell us a great deal about Rivera and Gettleman. Do I see Rivera ever being in the NFC Championship game, sadly no. I hope I'm wrong.

Do I think Cam can ever have the type of evening Colin had, I don't know, I hope so.

From Singletary's last year (2010) to this year, Harbaugh has replaced three offensive linemen while turning the other two into pro-bowlers. He's replaced four of his front seven on defense (moving one of the keepers from NT to DE), and he's replaced three of his four starting DBs. That's a change 8 of 11 defensive positions. On offense, he kept Gore, and managed to turn Smith and Crabtree into productive NFL starters. Now he has his QB under center and the offense looks like the NFL's best. At this point on offense, he's changed the starters at 6 of 11 positions.

In short, in his two years there Harbaugh has pretty much overhauled the entire team and raised the level of play across the board. And he's done it while winning and winning big both years.

What's Rivera done again? If I recall correctly, he cut Otah, replaced Martin with Nakamura, and signed a bunch of ex-Chargers.

But again, the reason Harbaugh has done well is because he walked into a situation where he had a ready-made team, and I'm sure everyone here believes that if Rivera had gone to SF instead of Carolina, he would have had the same results.

Do I understand your position correctly? Just want to be sure...

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

My faith in RR has been zero since Atlanta.

Atl was more about having a crappy secondary than anything IMO....and Cam fumbling. That loss was on the guys on the field

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,302 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

From Singletary's last year (2010) to this year, Harbaugh has replaced three offensive linemen while turning the other two into pro-bowlers. He's replaced four of his front seven on defense (moving one of the keepers from NT to DE), and he's replaced three of his four starting DBs. That's a change 8 of 11 defensive positions. On offense, he kept Gore, and managed to turn Smith and Crabtree into productive NFL starters. Now he has his QB under center and the offense looks like the NFL's best. At this point on offense, he's changed the starters at 6 of 11 positions.

In short, in his two years there Harbaugh has pretty much overhauled the entire team and raised the level of play across the board. And he's done it while winning and winning big both years.

What's Rivera done again? If I recall correctly, he cut Otah, replaced Martin with Nakamura, and signed a bunch of ex-Chargers.

But again, the reason Harbaugh has done well is because he walked into a situation where he had a ready-made team, and I'm sure everyone here believes that if Rivera had gone to SF instead of Carolina, he would have had the same results.

Do I understand your position correctly? Just want to be sure...

Hurney overpaid Fox's crew right as RR came on board....how exactly was he suppose to overhaul our roster?

#28 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

So you're saying that Rivera would have the same results as Harbaugh had he gone to SF?

Do you think that if Harbaugh had come to Carolina, he would have two losing seasons so far?

#29 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Personally, seeing these teams play make me feel Rivera will never have our team playing like that

That San Fran game just made me depressed again

If I'm proven wrong, then I'm wrong, I'll eat crew wateva... but at the moment I just don't see it

You literally never stop with the whining and Debbie Downer thing do you?

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

That was the start of it but it was cemented after the KC game. I want him gone in the worst way. Good teams dont lose to the worst teams in the league. Esp Freaking KC.

Any Given Sunday!

For example: The undefeated Packers lost to the Chiefs in 2011 with an interim coach. It happens. To say otherwise shows a lack of knowledge and/or experience with the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com