Photo
- - - - -

Ouch Notre Dame

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Nick Montana will be joining the Huskies for College not following in his Father's footsteps and headed to the Fightin Irish

http://collegefootba....asp?CID=954354

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

Smart move for the kid. Washington has no expectations, Willingham recruited no one to compete with him and Locker will be gone after this year. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana's kid at Washington like he would have at ND. Plus he gets to play with USC QB guru Sarkisian.

And he won't have to pose in these type photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

W.
T.
F.

#4 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Maybe he will just wind up quitting football like Elway's boy recently did.

#5 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

I think ND got a verbal commit from Andrew Hendrix, out of Cincinnati. Hendrix seems far more equipped to play as a freshman. Everything I hear about Montana says that he is a guy who has potential, but definitely won't be able to make an impact in college for several years.

#6 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

I can't really blame him. There is nowhere he can go where he won't be compared to his dad, but at least it should be a little less intense in Washington. I can't even imagine how much pressure there is when you're dad is a living QB legend and you're trying to make your own mark playing the same position.

#7 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

I think ND got a verbal commit from Andrew Hendrix, out of Cincinnati. Hendrix seems far more equipped to play as a freshman. Everything I hear about Montana says that he is a guy who has potential, but definitely won't be able to make an impact in college for several years.

Notre Dame won't need Hendrix, or anyone else for that matter, to play as a Freshman. Clausen's only a junior, and Dane Crist is probably a better QB than either of them, and he's a soph...

#8 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

Everything I hear about Montana says that he is a guy who has potential, but definitely won't be able to make an impact in college for several years.

Sounds like Joe's other son, who was a walk-on at ND and rides the pine each week currently.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com