Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Other team's cuts...

230 posts in this topic

Posted

Titans offered Canty a contract, but he's still looking. Also met with the Chiefs.

Posted

Don't think we're interested in Canty. Gettleman knows him and realizes he's no longer worth the money that Canty is asking for.

Posted

Don't think we're interested in Canty. Gettleman knows him and realizes he's no longer worth the money that Canty is asking for.

Gettleman realizes we have no money to pay him with.

Posted

Free agent Johnny Knox has decided to retire from football, telling the Chicago Sun-Times he's "moving on and going forward."

It's a sad end to a once promising career. According to the Sun-Times, Knox is still walking with a limp 14 months after his spinal fusion operation, and "struggles to sit or stand" comfortably. "I was centimeters away from being paralyzed, so just sitting here and talking, I’m appreciative of that," Knox said Wednesday. "Just the hard work that I had to put in. Just to be able to stay in and do everything in my daily life that I used to do." Only 26 years old, the former fifth-round pick ends his career with 133 catches for 2,214 yards and 12 touchdowns over 45 games.

Posted

Shame, but not a shock. His injury looked horrible.

Posted

That was probably the worst injury i have ever seen. My dad said the same thing and he saw theismans' leg twist.

Posted

he'll be an eagle.

Dixon/Eagles is official now - a 2 year deal.

In other news - George Wilson thinks he's a good fit in Detroit.

Posted

Word also that Vick has adopted the Hulk Hogan method, i.e. training and prayers.

Posted

Terrence McGee released from Buffalo too.

Posted

Terrence McGee released from Buffalo too.

Yeah...

Posted

Talented, but injured a lot lately if I recall.

Posted

It actually makes a lot of sense. Gross cap hit is larger, he's regressing faster, and there are many more options of which to replace him this offseason than there is CB. Only somebody deluded enough to think that we're fine at CB because of a few games played down the stretch from some UDFAs would think we're fine at CB without Gamble or another injection of serious talent at the position.

Not to mention he's a good ole boy Fox player and seems to hold our team back from growing personality wise but that's jmo.

stopped reading after you suggested gross has been repressing.

Seriously, how do you talk such crap? Do ya just don't care?