Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JefDav84

Nakamura Pay Cut

54 posts in this topic

I think eventually he'll make a heck of a coach. I love his attitude and personality but I hate seeing him as the last line of defense.

Nice find OP.

His new cap hit is not much above the league minimum.Basically serves the same purpose of cutting him and bringing in another scrub to fill the roster.

If we find better depth for the same money we can cut him and only take a 65k cap hit(his new guarantee).

Good move by Gettleman.

2 people like this

he's a scrub. pretty much getting paid like a scrub. won't be counting against the cap since i doubt that number puts him in the top 53.

he'll be fighting for a roster spot in training camp and it will be a sad commentary on the state of the secondary if he makes the final 53.

I can't believe there were 6 paragraphs in that article.

that's some remarkable writing, and by that i mean the ability to find that much to write about nakamura.

I agree with most here, didn't really wanna see him as a Panther again since @ATL but I guess as a ST and depth it would be alright

I'm sorry OP, you left "pay" in your title.

I think you guys are way too hard on Nak. The play that lost us the ATL game he went for the pick in front of White and misjudged it. I really appreciate that he tried to make a play on the ball, sometimes ya get beat fellas

1 person likes this

Surprised he wasn't just cut outright, but I'm thinking Gettleman is bringing in some safety help either thru the draft of FA so, having him around as competition/special teams could be worse.

Cap hit is roughly what cutting him outright and then signing a ST player would be anyway. Since that's his ceiling anyway and they have an out after this year...good move. Nice to have a front office that has a clue and thinks strategically.

1 person likes this

Also, props to Nak for being realistic about his worth.

I'm wondering if we're going to keep restructuring until we get under the cap and then release a contract to get way under the cap? That way we could be a factor in FA

Nakamura did play poorly but it was his first year starting. Gettleman is supposed to be a great talent evaluator so he must have seen more than we did. I figured he was gone for sure.