Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL.com's Best\Worst Panther's pick

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I dont care what they say...I will always love Tim Biakabatuka!

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159114/article/carolina-panthers-best-and-worst-draft-picks"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159114/article/carolina-panthers-best-and-worst-draft-picks[/url]

Posted · Report post

Best pick = Cam
Worst pick(s) = Everette Brown/AE

Posted · Report post

I think Gross started at right tackle the superbowl year, but other than that, a pretty good list.

Posted · Report post

so it's okay to call biakabutuka one of the worst picks in panthers' history, but eric shelton gets away without even being mentioned? ...yeah right...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah Groos was at Right, Stuessie Left. I think it was Jeno James, Kevin Donnally and Matt something.

Posted · Report post

How does Rashard Anderson not make the list. Or Chad Cota for the good?

Posted · Report post

Does anybody remember a guy named Jeff Otah?

Posted · Report post

everette brown was worse than AE, considering we gave up a first for him.

Posted · Report post

wittle jimmy is the worst.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Malachias' timestamp='1365703279' post='2191980']
so it's okay to call biakabutuka one of the worst picks in panthers' history, but eric shelton gets away without even being mentioned? ...yeah right...
[/quote]
Shelton was a lazy 2nd round pick. Tim was supposed to be a superstar.

Posted · Report post

Biakabatuka was a baller on NFL Blitz the original arcade game. I had the top score on that game at my local putt putt/arcade. So fug that list. Biakabatuka and Jeffers were unstoppable.

Posted · Report post

Carruth?

Posted · Report post

How in the hell can a thir rounder be a worst pick ever finalist? Armani Edwards was never a sure thing, which is why he was taken in the third. I get that he shouldn't be on the roster in 2013, but to call him one of our worst picks is ignorant, given our ex GM's choices over the years.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SooSlow84' timestamp='1365706798' post='2192044']
How in the hell can a thir rounder be a worst pick ever finalist? Armani Edwards was never a sure thing, which is why he was taken in the third. I get that he shouldn't be on the roster in 2013, but to call him one of our worst picks is ignorant, given our ex GM's choices over the years.
[/quote]

ignorant? lol you havent scratched the surface on that guy yet.. . . haha just wait and read further.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mvp2011' timestamp='1365704338' post='2192002']

Shelton was a lazy 2nd round pick. Tim was supposed to be a superstar.
[/quote]

He would have been if not for injuries. Better than the wife beater RB taken before him.

Posted · Report post

Those worse picks were not even close to the worst. As other have said, Rae Carruth was absolutely the worst. What about Jason Peters or Rashard Anderson both first rounders who were huge busts. Yeah I know, who??? Exactly................ And the list of terrible 2nd rounders would fill a page................

Posted · Report post

[quote]
Not many people outside of the Carolinas probably remember this, but there was a vocal faction leading up to the 2002 [url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013"]NFL Draft[/url] that felt the [url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/profile?team=CAR"]Panthers[/url] should take Oregon QB Joey Harrington. Good thing [url="http://www.nfl.com/player/johnfox/2514313/profile"]John Fox[/url] stuck to his defensive instincts. While Harrington flamed out in Detroit, Peppers emerged as one of the NFL's most dangerous pass rushers. Peppers posted 12 sacks his rookie season and had five other double-digit sack seasons in Carolina. A two-sport star at UNC, Peppers' athleticism made him unique among his peers. How he lost out on the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in 2004 -- a season in which he scored two touchdowns in addition to his 11 sacks -- remains one of the sport's unsung travesties.
[/quote]

This is what kindve irked me the most. Never really thought about that. We took Peppers 2nd overall when we needed a QB badly, we paid him that cash, and he still wanted to leave. I dont want to start a rant on Pep thread but I never really considered that and it makes me sort of. . kind of. . hate him.

Posted · Report post

For me a bust is a player that is not as good as advertised. I think injuries should not be used against some players that are considered busts. Having said that Rashard Anderson is my worst pick. Dude was useless. You also gotta bring up the murderer doing time.

I also agree with Jason Peter and Jarret from the NFL list as far as being a bust. But I don't consider Kerry Collins a bust. The man took an expansion team into the NFC champtionship game in its second year of existence. He went 7-9 his rookie year. He was a great prospect until that racial incident and his drinking affected his confidence. May be he is a bust for us in retrospect since we thought he would be the franchise. I liked Tim B. too. He was injury prone, but he was a beast when he was not hurt. I still remember that game against the skins where he ran for for 3 TDs (two long ones) in the 1st quarter and Siefert yanks him him for Fred Lane

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatfanMO' timestamp='1365702373' post='2191948']
I dont care what they say...I will always love Tim Biakabatuka!
[/quote]

Could have had Eddie George :(

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Malachias' timestamp='1365703279' post='2191980']
[/quote]

To be fair, if you weren't a Panther fan, would you have any clue that Eric Shelton had ever even existed?

Not excusing it. Just sayin... :unsure:

Posted · Report post

"Fun fact: Jarrett has more DUI arrests (two) than career touchdowns (one). "

LMFAO

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mountainpantherfan2' timestamp='1365710199' post='2192145']
"Fun fact: Jarrett has more DUI arrests (two) than career touchdowns (one). "

LMFAO
[/quote]

Now THAT is a stat for you.....too funny

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1365707960' post='2192076']
Those worse picks were not even close to the worst. As other have said, Rae Carruth was absolutely the worst. What about Jason Peters or Rashard Anderson both first rounders who were huge busts. Yeah I know, who??? Exactly................ And the list of terrible 2nd rounders would fill a page................
[/quote]
rashard anderson is another. fun fact, the redskins picked champ bailey with the first round pick they got from us for Gilbert.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't rank Kerry Collins (my very first Panthers Jersey) or Biakabatuka our worst draft picks. Atleast Tim and Kerry did SOMETHING. Everett Brown, Jimmy Clausen, and Armanti Edwards haven't done anything except spin move, interception, fumble, repeat.

Posted · Report post

Biakabutuka was pretty good but I always will remember him rushing the ball into the redzone then fumbling forward and out of the endzone for a touch back.