Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentucky Shooting: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-Year-Old Sister, Police Say

108 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I agree with you that there should be mandatory gun safety courses to own a gun.

But, it is the parent in both cases that is the idiot.

I am sorry, but an 8 yo is not old enough to understand and comprehend the dangers of owning/handling a gun.  They are just flat out not mature and developed enough.

No child should be give a gun at that age.

Not to mention that the parents should be charged with neglect.....who in their right mind leaves a 5 yo and 8 yo home ALONE.

If individuals that met the medical definition of "idiot" were the primary source of accidental gun deaths it would be a relatively easy process to eliminate most, if not all of these unfortunate incidents. Doctor to Gun Salesman: "That guy is an Idiot, don't sell him a gun!" Gun Salesman to Doctor: "OK". Unfortunately, I suspect most accidental firearm deaths are caused by people that are only "acting" like idiots. If that is true, it will be infinitely harder to identify those individuals ahead of time, since for them, being an "idiot" is not a permanent disability (though at times it may seem that way).  ;)

Posted · Report post

thank you, children, for sacrificing your lives to protect our Second Amendment. You are Patriots, and I think we should put your faces on a race car to prove it.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Kid would have killed her with a fork if the gun wasn't available.

If the 2 year old would have just had a gun to protect herself...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet right

Posted · Report post

Horrible, horrible situation...

Parents are totally at fault.

Wow at some of the comments in this thread... just, wow.

Not surprised in the slightest however.

Posted · Report post

Wow at some of the comments in this thread... just, wow.

Not surprised in the slightest however.

that it's a horrible tragedy is a given, these things are naturally going to be indexed into the context of the current national debate on gun control. i understand your sentiment but i don't think you should interpret it as no one caring that this happened

Posted · Report post

You took the bait.

Posted · Report post

that it's a horrible tragedy is a given, these things are naturally going to be indexed into the context of the current national debate on gun control. i understand your sentiment but i don't think you should interpret it as no one caring that this happened

It's not that I think that it's a "no one caring" thing...

I think people care... but also care more about their own agenda... on both sides.

Posted · Report post

right but in the context of the tinderbox, what is the immediacy of the discussion at the expense of?

Posted · Report post

You took the bait.

meh, it's a legitimate concern based on the observation. i think these sorts of observations need to be addressed rather than subducted under the shelf of ideological grandstanding. this is how misunderstanding and misrepresentation of opposing viewpoints starts, a lack of open dialogue.

Posted · Report post

My agenda is not having little boys kill little girls, terrible I know

Posted · Report post

freedom

thank you, children, for sacrificing your lives to protect our Second Amendment. You are Patriots, and I think we should put your faces on a race car to prove it.

Kid would have killed her with a fork if the gun wasn't available.

If the 2 year old would have just had a gun to protect herself...

right but in the context of the tinderbox, what is the immediacy of the discussion at the expense of?

Those are not discussion... if they wanted sincere discussion I would get it... but they don't.