Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Conference Finals - Memphis Grizzlies (5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (2)

37 posts in this topic

Posted

San Antonio definitely deserved that one. Kudos to Tony Allen for a hell of an acting job.

Posted

Yeah, I've got a feeling that this series may be a sweep as well.

They said when they put in Poindexter and Bayless that it opened things up for the bigs and that's how they made their run.  If Memphis can use that offense next game and pull a win out, then I'll give them a slight chance.  If they get punked again early, I believe the series is over.

Z-Bo is getting exposed.

Posted

2 games before east plays 1 lol.

Posted

Memphis went down 0-2 against the Clippers too...this one is far from over.

Posted

Memphis is such a different team at the Grind House.

Posted

Well this series is darn near over.

Spurs might sweep the Grizz where the Pacers and Heat might go seven games.

Posted

I'm glad I'm wrong so far. Duncan is continues to cement himself as the greatest PF in NBA history and poppovich is in the discussion for top 5 coaches of all time.

Posted

This is going to be a sweep. After blowing an 18 point first half lead to lose the third straight game 4 might even be a blowout. Memphis just isn't there yet. It's unfortunate because I was pulling for them.

Posted

This is going to be a sweep. After blowing an 18 point first half lead to lose the third straight game 4 might even be a blowout. Memphis just isn't there yet. It's unfortunate because I was pulling for them.

Losing that lead is going to hurt big time. If they could have won that game they would have had a chance to turn around the series, but I can only see the Spurs closing this one out in the next game. The Grizzlies look a bit tired, and the Spurs class is really beginning to tell. I personally am rooting for the Spurs to grab another championship, and I think they have the best chance to beat the Heat in the finals if the Heat get there. 

Posted

Well this series was just downright awful.

Posted

Tony Parker is ridiculous, it'd really be hard for me not to call him the best PG in the league right now.  Granted, I haven't been keeping up with this series as much as the East Finals... but from what I've seen that offense is running like a thing of beauty.  I don't know, but I don't think the Pacers really have what it takes to hang with the Spurs, and they would definitely be a handful for Miami... possibly in the same vein as the Mavericks of 2011.

The Spurs are looking fuging dangerous right now.

Posted

I've always had mad respect for Duncan and the Spurs.  Previous to that, I loved David Robinson and his complete game.  Never flashy, but they kill you with technical/team basketball.  Nickel and dime you to death and just wear you down.   Also like mentioned, amazing coach.   Duncan hasn't always got enough credit, maybe because he isn't flashy or because he's perfectly "OK" taking a bankshot since that's the most efficient way to score at that time.  The team is a class act.

I'll also say that the Spurs were definitely the most dominating pro-team (the big 4) in the 2000's.  Three titles and what, 50+ wins each year I think?