Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Why I don't want Noel.

71 posts in this topic

Noel n Bismack = 2 Joel Anthonys = CBA worst frontcourt

Sounds like Anthony Bennett is your man... or should be

Doesn't make it any less sad than the point you were trying to make, but both Emeka Okafor and Primo Brezec were a little more offensively polished then Melvin Ely.

I agree that neither Biz or Noel are going to scare anyone offensively, but we are building our team around defense and I think they would be good pieces to start with.

For what it's worth, I want Anthony Bennett because he is an offensive presence down low, but on the other end of that, with Bennett we would have a 6'7" PF and a 6'9" Center.... That may give us some offense, but isn't scaring anyone on the defensive end.

I like Bennett if you are trading Biz. But he is a tweener and I have a problem picking tweener that high. At best he will be a good 6th man. Like Diaw, J Green, and M. Beasley . I don't think a front court of Biz and Bennett will work either.

How long have you been a Bobcat Fan? Oak had no post game and his offense was put backs and a 10 foot jumper on the base line other then that he never had a Back to the basket game.

Primo was softer the Byron Mullins I can't remember how many times he avoided the paint. Melvin had a better back to the basket game then both of them.

You have to be able to score sooner or later you can't just depend on jump shooting and Perimeter players unless you have a Lebron James or Kevin Durrant. Which we don't. Not to mention you have pretty much the same players with 1 playing out of position.

I don't know if the Bennett type PF works in the Nba anymore. And like I said if you draft Bennett Bizmack needs to be on the trading blocks.

We can't make any decisions based on any of our current players especially Biz. I really like Biz and hope he continues to grow but if we have a chance at Noel, we take him. 

Biz guards stronger back to the basket players. Noel guards more athletic, quicker players. 

This would be temporary of course bc eventually we need a strong post player/scorer. 

This would be a wasted pick because neither would bring the value that they were drafted at. And Again you have pretty much the same player on the court at the same time. I rather trade back and take a Zeller, or Olynyk. Who would be better fits with Bizmack.

Len would compliment well with Biz, but Noel is still a highly talented player. I disagree with you on Biz being a better jumper than Noel. Biz is stiff and has heavy hands. All I've been hearing so far is Noel's improvement from 12-15 jumper. Even if Noel doesn't develop a consistent jumper, he's still going to get his offensive game from put backs and lobs.

BiZ

Biz showed  he has been working on his jumper which shows a soft touch as does his hooks. He also showed a up and under move in there some where.

Noel

You will notice no jump shot from Noel at all. You will also notice he finish 3 post up's with a hook shot from his knee's!!! Really??? You will also notice all his point are put backs, Fast breaks and alley hoops.

Biz has a better jumper right now.

Biz finally started to get it those last six games (three of those six games were double-double's).

The final six games Biz averaged...

8.6 points per game

10.3 rebounds per game

3 blocks per game

There is no need to destroy Biz's progression by drafting a player just like him.

Biz has continued to improve.  He's done what we asked of him.  I think the addition to Ewing to the staff could also help his development.  I think if we draft someone with some size to pair him with down low (Len) it'll only improve his game.  Biz is sooooo young, and sometimes I think we forget this.  We knew he was a project.  So far I believe he's doing well for a project, we just have to be patient.  Guy plays hard.

Biz has continued to improve.  He's done what we asked of him.  I think the addition to Ewing to the staff could also help his development.  I think if we draft someone with some size to pair him with down low (Len) it'll only improve his game.  Biz is sooooo young, and sometimes I think we forget this.  We knew he was a project.  So far I believe he's doing well for a project, we just have to be patient.  Guy plays hard.

Agreed, but if you draft a player just like him (Noel) then you are taking away time from Biz that he desperately needs to get better.

Oh definitely, I don't want Noel, at all.  We have that high energy defender to put in the game, it's Biz, but what we do need is a center with some size and some scoring ability.

There is no need to destroy Biz's progression by drafting a player just like him.

That's silly. No one is destroying Biz' progression by drafting Noel. Noel is much more athletic and probably a better player than Biz. You gotta keep your option open and if Noel is there, you gotta take him.

Let's remember that we're going to have to spend some money this off season. Bring in a guy like J.J. Hickson, and this is a great move. Hickson would compliment greatly with both Biz and Noel. Also, Noel is not going to be back till around Christmas. Biz will have all the time to develop.

1 person likes this

Agreed, but if you draft a player just like him (Noel) then you are taking away time from Biz that he desperately needs to get better.

There's 82 games in a NBA season. Noel is not going to be back till December. How are we taking time away from Biz?