Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texas to Join Stone Age

111 posts in this topic

Posted

An abortion is much more damaging emotionally to a woman than giving up for adoption.

From the makers of "Zod Explains Black People" comes the feel good hit of the summer "Zod Explains Women"

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

Posted

An abortion is much more damaging emotionally to a woman than giving up for adoption.

And now from the realm of personal experiences comes...

oh wait.

Posted

The measure split along racial lines, with white Americans in favor (50 percent to 43 percent) and nonwhites opposed (49 percent against to 43 in favor).

most sane persons see no problem with a ban for the procedure >20 weeks. 

Hmmmmmmm, what could he ever mean....

Posted

Obviously abortions should not be allowed for a viable fetus.

But I dont consider a 24 week old fetus to be a person yet.  The brain is not fully developed yet, particularly the frontal lobe processes in the cerebral cortex which differentiate our brain from other animals

Posted

Obviously abortions should not be allowed for a viable fetus.

But I dont consider a 24 week old fetus to be a person yet.  The brain is not fully developed yet, particularly the frontal lobe processes in the cerebral cortex which differentiate our brain from other animals

A recent studies have shown that the brain is not fully developed until around age 5.  This was highlighted on a recent episode of through the wormhole where they attempted to define when life begins. So if the criteria for personhood is brain development, self awareness may not happen until around age 5.  Thats 5 in years, in case you were wondering.

Posted

Also, I had a very heated debate with a one MAV1234 concerning abortion several weeks ago. In the conversation. I pointed out that a human being can be incubated outside of a womans womb, so the idea that 1. a woman is the sole determining factor for abortion because of her womb is false, and 2. since this is possible to happen, the term "viable outside of the womb" is no longer a valid argument.  THE  ENTIRE PROCESS CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT THE MOTHER!!!

Todays episode of "Through The Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman illustrated that point nicely by showing the scientist who has successfully done this with sharks, and has highlighted the way ahead for doing this with humans.  He says the only things he needs is permission and the temperature changes and conditions of the womb throughout the gestation.

Posted

Also, I had a very heated debate with a one MAV1234 concerning abortion several weeks ago. In the conversation. I pointed out that a human being can be incubated outside of a womans womb, so the idea that 1. a woman is the sole determining factor for abortion because of her womb is false, and 2. since this is possible to happen, the term "viable outside of the womb" is no longer a valid argument.  THE  ENTIRE PROCESS CAN THEORETICALLY HAPPEN WITHOUT THE MOTHER!!!

Todays episode of "Through The Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman illustrated that point nicely by showing the scientist who has successfully done this with sharks, and has highlighted the way ahead for doing this with humans.  He says the only things he needs is permission and the temperature changes and conditions of the womb throughout the gestation.

There are plenty of scientific breakthroughs that could happen in the future that might make this debate irrelevant.  Until they actually do happen, there is no point at all in speculating on them.  At this point in time, the "entire process" CANNOT happen without the mother, therefore your "1 and 2" points are irrelevant at this stage in the game.

Theory and reality are different things and it would take literally years for the technology presented by that scientist to be available to hospitals even AFTER the scientist was able to perfect it on humans.

edit: Sine apparently this wasn't clear, "without a mother" here is referring to a human since we're talking about human abortions here and not aborting shark fetuses.  I know Texas is keen on preventing late term shark abortions too, but it's not a topic I feel so strongly about. =P

Posted

What you are describing can't even happen yet so sorry, please come back when technology has advanced to that point.

Tell that to the man who is doing it, or turn to the Science channel right now

Posted

Tell that to the man who is doing it, or turn to the Science channel right now

Please provide a source for the person that is "incubating" a human embryo without a mother.

Hint: It isn't happening and won't be happening for quite some time, and until it does, a mother is still needed to do so.