• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Amen, It is MJ trying to fast track the rebuild and Cho is the one trying to tell him to wait and sign a FA with our Top 5 pick next season in the deepest draft since '03. Hopefully Cho wins out and we stay the course! MJ is an idiot and I will never trust any of his basketball decisions. Stand pat or make a few minor signings and let the young guys eat up the minutes it is the only way to get experience.

Ultimately it's his team and his money. If he can't afford to keep having losing seasons and terrible teams then so be it. I would rather be middle of the pack and a chance to make a push. Than to be terrible for the next 5 years and then LOSE ANOTHER team to another city.

#32 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Horrible move to overpay a FA this year and win to many games to have a good shot at #1. It would be an epic dumb move. It would be one thing if we were in the running for CP3 or Howard but we are not. You must have stars to win it all. You either sign one in FA or you draft one. Trading for one is damn near impossible nowadays. The star must agree to sign a long term contract and you also give up assets in hoping that star doesn't bolt.

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,676 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Aiming to win it all after only having one playoff appearance in 10 years of existence is pretty unrealistic.  We need to shoot for playoffs right now in back to back to back years and build a fan base/team.  

#34 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Aiming to win it all after only having one playoff appearance in 10 years of existence is pretty unrealistic.  We need to shoot for playoffs right now in back to back to back years and build a fan base/team.  

Making the playoffs is pointless unless you have a team that can win a series or two, if the plan isn't to compete for a championship then don't build it. 

#35 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

I think the goal should be to build a team that can win a playoff series, because at that point you are only one or two big moves away from being a contender.  Simply making the playoffs is not that impressive in the NBA

#36 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Look at the small market formula..OKC is a recent team to model after but after trading Harden they may be rebuilding soon as stars get frustrated with attracting stars to help them.H

Al jefferson is fine to sign I just do not like the JR Smith guy who will frustrate the youth movement...and is a coach killah.

#37 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Look at the small market formula..OKC is a recent team to model after but after trading Harden they may be rebuilding soon as stars get frustrated with attracting stars to help them.H

Al jefferson is fine to sign I just do not like the JR Smith guy who will frustrate the youth movement...and is a coach killah.

Yeah I agree. I don't think Jefferson hurts us. But will definitely help now and down the road when we are ready to make the playoff push in 2014-2016

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,204 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

The way things have gone I prefer free agent pick ups and as time goes use the draft to replace the guys who let go of ad their contracts. Too many coaches coming and going to build thru the draft. Once you have a good vet core going just add a rookie here or there every few yrs. Too much has to go your way for the draft and I'm ready for some playoff caiber teams here.

#39 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

If the plan is to get Wiggins by tanking, I don't like that plan. Fact is, we have terrible luck in the draft lottery.

I'd put my money on Jefferson working out, than the balls bouncing in our favor. 

#40 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

It doesn't have to be just Wiggins. Parker and Randel are also top notch guys. No point in winning just enough or fighting for the 8th seed only to get swept. We tried that with Crash and Jackson. Overpayed  guys and it bit us in the ass. We had no stars, no flexibility, no one wanted our overpayed  players in trades, and we won enough to always miss out on the top draft prospects. The origional Hornets were crap until we landed LJ and Zo. Shinn after giving LJ a huge contract started getting stingy. Then we had to try and trade everyone. Bob Bass was a genius and kept the team good by picking up Jones, Rice, Mason...etc. The league has changed and only a handful of teams can lure the top FA every year. 

#41 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

while I'm not sure about the player, I'm warming up to the plan.

With Zeller, Jefferson, Kemba and the Kid, we could add the game changer next year in free agency.

#42 Shotgun

Shotgun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

Ive never bought in to the " the best way to win is to lose" thing. Winning begats winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users