Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Dungy "There is no such thing as scoring too quickly"

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Cam is used to a high tempo feense and I think his football rhythym is in that.

We were supposed to implement tempo right?!

Oh yeah Shula is coaching sorry.

Posted

It's the consequences of hiring a hood ornament for a head coach who is defensive minded and conservative in nature. That's what JR likes. We'll be lucky to get anything else.

Posted

I mentioned the same thing in another thread.  Cam seems to play much better off of instinct and he gets into a much better rhythm when he doesn't have so much time to think.  Cam needs to not only lead this team but lead this franchise.  He's said all the right things after the game for the public but I hope he has a different tune behind the scenes.

Posted

I'd be happy if they played for TD's rather than FG's.

1 person likes this

Posted

we finish a play and stand around looking at the jumbo tron.  every. damn. play. 

rivera is not head coach material.  from the moment he took the field in arizona, he has misused cam.  

cam needs to call the offense and it needed to start like yesterday.  

Posted

This is all immaterial, cause the Panthers and Ron Ron, didn't even try to score a TD during that last drive. Though I do agree, that the Panthers should have played the same offense, they ran the 2 min drill with at the end of the first half.

Posted

PS: Rivera's an idiot (I know, I know). 

Cause, even if the Panthers would have scored quickly, the Bills would have had virtually no chance of winning the game yesterday. They would have had to score a TD; a 2 pt conversion; recover a sqiubb kick, then score a FG or TD. The Panthers can't be that bad are they?

As soon as I saw Rivera trying to run the clock down with a 3 pt lead (to kick a FG), I knew the Panthers would lose the game. We've seen that horror show, over and over again already. 

Rivera has to go. And I didn't want him to come back this year. 

Posted

Also, the defense handed the offense 6 points, which should have been 14 points from the excellent field position given.

Exactly!!! People want to blame Keuchly and the D, but despite about 5 injuries (4 DB injuries), they still got it back twice in great field position. The offense didn't do the defense any favors.

I defended them last week, but I can't this week. We got too conservative and settled. We score ONE TD on one of those turnovers and we win regardless. Got to take advantage!!!

Posted

From Steve Smith:

“It opens up the door of criticism, complaining, of finger-pointing, of questioning what is or what isn’t. . . . At the end of the day, Coach Rivera [and his coordinators] call plays. As players, we actually have to execute them. Some of us are executing and some aren’t.”

He also said that the coach didn't throw, catch or make tackles.

Posted

But the coach also does not inspire

He does not pull the guys who are not executing, but leave them in to keep bungling

Posted

From Steve Smith:

“It opens up the door of criticism, complaining, of finger-pointing, of questioning what is or what isn’t. . . . At the end of the day, Coach Rivera [and his coordinators] call plays. As players, we actually have to execute them. Some of us are executing and some aren’t.”

He also said that the coach didn't throw, catch or make tackles.

Ok so lets pay the players for their performance....hmm 0-2...lots of pay cuts on the way then.

Either that or how about we just outright get rid of the players who are not performing...name some names Smitty...since you like talking so much.

Posted

He doesn't even know what prevent is. Prevent is what you put in against a Hail Mary. We typically run a very deep cover three. Corners and single safety drops while a lineback and safety cover a zone 10-20 yards deep.

We just can't get pressure in these situations. That said, we faced a good offensive line and were beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball and that spells loss at any level, we would have won that game despite our lineman instead of because.

Our secondary, I'm no longer worried about as long as josh Thomas, Mikell, and Mitchell are in the game. All three are solid and none of the IMO are a liability.

I believe Stevie only had 3 catches for like 10-15 yards before Thomas went out, we all know what happened after that.

" We typically run a very deep cover three"

??????

You do not even realize if we are talkning about our of the Bills defense. And you accuse me of not knowing what I am talkning about?