Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Officially boycotting the Panthers (Boycott Ended 11/11/2013)

118 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I do not understand how my post can be so misconstrued. What I am doing IMHO is for the good of the team. I am not abandoning my team.

it+s+not+about+the+money+_c12e45b923dede

Youre good man. I honestly didnt read your op. Not a message to you but to everyone who wants to jump. I felt like this was a good spot without starting a whole new thread.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Youre good man. I honestly didnt read your op. Not a message to you but to everyone who wants to jump. I felt like this was a good spot without starting a whole new thread.

im pretty sure 90% of the people on this message board are with you, myself included. i'll never stop rooting for this team but i get what leeroy is saying, i'm not buying anything panthers related until this franchise gets their act together. but it wont do much. opposing teams fans will still buy tickets and overflow BOA. parents will still buy their children cam and keek jerseys.

the worst part is it's only two games in and already feels like it's over. and i feel like i'm one of the more positive people on this board, and it's depressing.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Not that it matters but this is not the definition of insanity nor was it said by Albert Einstein.The earliest known occurrence, and probable origin is from a 1981 text from Narcotics Anonymous, but carry on panthers suck....boycott boycott boycott. 

Posted · Report post

I understand what Leroy is saying and honestly I feel the same way.

I went to the opener last week... spent about $50 on gas, $110 on tickets, $40 on food at the stadium, etc...  not doing that again this season.

I'll absolutely root for the Panthers.  I hope that somehow, someway can pull this season out of the toilet... but I agree, if you're doing the same thing over and over again and expect something different to happen, you're just an idiot.

Last week, DeAngelo fumbled the ball when we had a chance to win.  I defended the coaching in that game.

This week, we had some ups and downs with the players.  Cam looked downright awful at times, and the Defense did not rise to the standard they set in the preseason.

However, this week was more about the coaching, more specifically about AGAIN having the chance to put a game away and choosing not to.  The EXACT same thing that led to more than a few losses last season.  

I'm ready to get a coaching staff in here that will let the players play.  Yes, players will make mistakes, but that's why we watch this game is it not?

I'd much, much rather see the players be given a chance to win it and blow it than tuck our tails between our legs and hope that we can not lose it...

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

These are the times we find out who the real fans are. I've had the same struggle being a Gamecock fan for years at least until there recent success but I still go to all their games regardless. 

Posted · Report post

Not that it matters but this is not the definition of insanity nor was it said by Albert Einstein.The earliest known occurrence, and probable origin is from a 1981 text from Narcotics Anonymous, but carry on panthers suck....boycott boycott boycott. 

Well, the point remains the same.  But thanks for clarifying.  I have always heard that quote attributed to Einstein and absolutely hate mis-credited quotes. Will fix

Posted · Report post

It is depressing.  I don't see how anyone can blame the OP living in Houston for feeling the way he does.

I will be there next week b/c I have PSL's and b/c I can't stomach the thought of selling my tickets to Giants fans.

This whole situation is sad.  I wanted it to work with Rivera b/c he has done everything right working his way through the ranks and he is an honorable man.  Unfortunately, he is cut out to be a Defensive Coordinator and not a HC.  It's not a matter of the team not respecting him- just listen to what they have to say.

On the other hand, though, we invest a lot as fans, and we deserve a better product than what we've gotten in a long time.  Our fan base has not jumped after a bad start here and there.

But seriously, the Panthers have not been over .500 at any point since the end of the 2008 season.  It's been ~1600 days.  I have gotten married, had a now 2.5 year old, and unless the Panthers win their next 3 games, will have another child during this sub- .500 stretch

Richardson or anyone else for that matter can not expect fans to tolerate a stretch like this and just keep smiling and spending. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Stepping down from my soap box.......

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well, the point remains the same.  But thanks for clarifying.  I have always heard that quote attributed to Einstein and absolutely hate mis-credited quotes. Will fix

i've heard that too and aren't you a military psychologist?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i've heard that too and aren't you a military psychologist?

Military Veteran, getting my PhD in Neuropsychology, studying sTBI in a military population.  (Why I have been transplanted to Houston)

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't want to ban you. But you are trying to boycott the Panthers.

Visiting this site indirectly helps the Panthers revenue. Watching the games on tv indirectly helps the Panthers revenue.

If you are going to really boycott them, you need to not watch, listen, or read anything panthers as they are all connected.

So he can still watch ESPN then.

2 people like this