Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White getting some pff love

54 posts in this topic

Posted

White is that good!!!!

Posted

You know what's awesome about White other than his last name? He was compared to Richard Sherman on his draft profile. 

We just gotta pair him up with another tall, physical corner (like Terrance Mitchell in the draft next year) and our secondary could be set.

1 person likes this

Posted

That is what I was screaming on Sunday. Godfrey is a bum, for the simple reason that he has not been better after experience and multiple off-season work. His over the top help is ridiculous and non-existent as you put in your post. We literally did not have any pointing between players and it is sad that a rookie and a league viewed letdown can play better than our 30 million dollar man. The thing about Gettleman is that he wants playmakers and he will not keep people that do not make them on this team. White and Lester made plays plain and simple. Godfrey, S. Martin, Nakamura, and so many others have not and their chances have run out. I can only hope Godfrey is included on the injury/settlement list next year..

Easy, its been one game. I specifically remember Martin making plays with his first opportunities on the field.

Posted

Easy, its been one game. I specifically remember Martin making plays with his first opportunities on the field.

Easy, Mr. lets be a snitch about other people's excitement.  Sherrod Martin was a player being switched back and forth between positions.  They moved him to safety because he was struggling at cornerback.  He never got it.  I have seen Lester and White make plays in college and they have made the most out of their first opportunity.  So, I don't need to temper my enthusiasm.  I am tired of Godfrey's 30mil and him getting repeatedly beat over the top while looking in the backfield.  He is another safety who played corner and is still lost after years in the league.  Find someone else to try and get your post count up on genius.

Posted

I always laughed about players who start off well until John Fox neuters them...Sharrod Martin making plays in first few games...never heard from since.

Chris Harris, coached by Lovie Smith and Rivera...forces record turnovers in a season by a Panther in a trade...never heard from again.

Posted

I truly hope White works out. I am obsessed with his physicality. He's going to get burned every now and then because of his aggressive nature but Melvin has the potential to smother a premier receiver at the LOS. We need more DBs like him. Add that with his ability to tackle in the open field and we could be a starter on our defense for years to come. Dockery looks the part as well.

Posted

I hope he can keep it up. We need some surprise good players.

2 people like this

Posted

Melvin White, how I love thee

Posted

so glad to see White on our team and making plays. 

was one of the first to label him as a late round sleeper / diamond in the rough. 

even mocked him to us. 

keep it up White! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Cant worry about a receiver if the ball never makes it out of the QBs hands.

Rivera 101.

Not that it means much overall, but that highlight reel pick of his was a visual spectacle.  Surprised nobody has gif wrapped it yet.

Posted

That pick by white was such an instinctive play

It wasn't an instinctive play. In the interviews after the game, White admitted that Captain and Mitchell called a trap when they saw the formation. Mitchell took over White's man, and Eli had to get the ball out quick and Captain and White doubled the receiver hence the pick. The positive about that is that White listens and understands what he has to do, contrary to Norman.

Posted

Ask me again after we face Larry Fitzgerald.

Larry has been a below average player for several years now.