Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

135 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's COACHING! There is nothing wrong with Cam Newton!!! If Jon Gruden was this teams coach Cam would be a superstar by now. I'd love to see that guy on our sideline. Maybe he could convince his brother Jay to come also. That's the package deal I'd like to see. Players don't have to love a coach but you better damn well respect Chucky. I don't think the guy would make the same mistakes he did in Tampa. I'd take a SB and a couple pissed off players anyday. The guy already loves this roster. We have a GM now though so that dream may not be possible but that would solve the biggest problem this team has. We have some great players but when everybody is dropping balls and missing assignments it points to COACHING.

If you design more runs for Cam you get the OLine run blocking a bit more than trying to pass protect. You have a very unique QB who can do that so why not put that extra pressure on defenses. The more Cam runs the better he plays. Defenses hate to have to account for a rushing QB. Give it to them! The cute shat isn't fooling anybody.

The answer is NO. I'd like to see Cam with the right coach. Will they get the right coach for him or find one at WalMart? Longtime Panther fans already know the answer :-(

Posted · Report post

NO.

Posted · Report post

Develop him more? LOL Rivera hasn't developed him at all. Ron has zero clue what to do with a quarterback or an offense.

This I agree on. Cam could really use a top notch QB coach and an OC that can implement a scheme for him. Then get him some competent receivers to throw to. Smitty is a few years past being a #1 guy.