134 replies to this topic

#16 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

I guess we just have to hope the BPA when we pick is a WR..

Dave Gettleman said Panthers aren't going to 'panic' over the WR position. Believes in some of the younger players on the roster.

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Building from the inside out you watch

that has been successful in the past and I dont have a problem with it

#18 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Other favorite bits that I saw:

Gettleman said some colleges are throwing the "hoochie screen."

Gettleman: "If you always go for the immediate gratification, you'll get burned. You're looking for sustained success."

Gettleman paused for seven seconds while Jace Amaro's name was being read. This means... MY COLUMN:

Off podium, Gettleman: “our free agency is going to be the same as last year.” Means band-aids & one-year deals.

Gettleman says agents & players 'don't understand' that the money isn't there for teams to spend because of sluggish cap growth. #Panthers

Gettleman: Even if cap goes to $130M, doesn't mean Panthers will spend to the cap.

#19 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

that has been successful in the past and I dont have a problem with it

No it's a position probably in need of two OTs thinking longterm for sure whether gross comes back or not, but are we really not thinking seriously about weapons? Cam gona throw to Byron bell?

#20 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Dave Gettleman said Panthers aren't going to 'panic' over the WR position. Believes in some of the younger players on the roster.

McNutty

#21 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

No it's a position probably in need of two OTs thinking longterm for sure whether gross comes back or not, but are we really not thinking seriously about weapons? Cam gona throw to Byron bell?

He would be hard to miss

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,559 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Building from the inside out you watch

I agree with it, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if you're running for your life and there's no run game.

#23 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

I agree with it, games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter how many receivers you have if you're running for your life and there's no run game.

Drafts deep no reason we can't get two OT and two WR! Just seen a quote gettleman said answer is on your roster, a guy like Brenton Bersin! I mean really? I hope that's a throwaway remark

#24 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,095 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

You need to stop this chicken little sky is falling act. The WR class is so deep this year we are fine if we don't take one in the first. Calm down we are of course thinking about weapons

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,559 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Drafts deep no reason we can't get two OT and two WR! Just seen a quote gettleman said answer is on your roster, a guy like Brenton Bersin! I mean really? I hope that's a throwaway remark

I think people are reading way too far into his remarks. He reiterated his core philosophy, he didn't rule anything out.

#26 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

You need to stop this chicken little sky is falling act. The WR class is so deep this year we are fine if we don't take one in the first. Calm down we are of course thinking about weapons

I don't care about first round or not, gettleman is open doesn't hide much but when asked about this one position he's just talks like we have five megatrons there, a few journalists are reading into his smitty comments also that he's part of the evaluation process, that's suprised many because he's prob the only lock at WR you would have thought next season, it's a position neglected for far to long, id sacrifice hardy for better weapons on offense and I agree we need big better bodies on the line, I have been watching bell the pat few seasons I know we need talent there.

#27 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Other favorite bits that I saw:

Gettleman said some colleges are throwing the "hoochie screen."

Gettleman: "If you always go for the immediate gratification, you'll get burned. You're looking for sustained success."

Gettleman paused for seven seconds while Jace Amaro's name was being read. This means... MY COLUMN:

Off podium, Gettleman: “our free agency is going to be the same as last year.” Means band-aids & one-year deals.

Gettleman says agents & players 'don't understand' that the money isn't there for teams to spend because of sluggish cap growth. #Panthers

Gettleman: Even if cap goes to $130M, doesn't mean Panthers will spend to the cap.

What is a Hootchie screen ?

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

What is a Hootchie screen ?

Just about to ask that!

#29 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

i dont really know the thought process but it sure sounds like he loves the linemen and that he either loves King or McNutt or both.  Probably hopes Ginn comes back and sign a guy like James Jones and we are in solid shape.  can only make one pick at a time, sounds like you want two at a time.

#30 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

WTF is the hootchie screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.