Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers A Big Bowl of Sanity

106 posts in this topic

Posted

His main contributions?

- Drafting Star, which anyone would have done in his spot.

- Signing Mitchell, Ginn, Mikell, Cole and Wharton. All of which are, or likely will be, gone.

- Not firing Rivera, a good move, so I'll give credit where it is due

1 person likes this

Posted

<deep breath - exhale>  

THANK YOU!!!

Posted

agreed with most every thing, tho i don't wan to see godfrey play another down in a panthers uni, mainly because of the price tag not being worth the production. we can find at least equal talent for much cheaper. we need that money elsewhere.

But does it make sense to cut Godfrey and sign another S when he's already on the roster (serious question).  Would it be fair to let CG have a go at it behind our 7 and see if he can look better?  

Posted

Now, having said that... if they sign Roman Harper, I won't like it.  I know, I know... good of the team and all that... I agree, but that guy is a dick and I can't cheer for him.

I agree 100% on Harper and I will never forget his late hit on Smitty. But I will change my mind as soon as his first pick six is in ;-). Time to look forward, not back...

Posted

It's possible last year was a bit lucky for us without some stellar draft picks that gave us a chance to cover a soft secondary and anemic pass offense. This year we may increase some points per game but probably not 12 wins...but a step forward and with a younger team is the way to go. it will take a couple years to get out of this limiting cap issue but by going younger and bigger is exactly what we need.

and still have a great D and Newton will only get better..hell . we may even start to run again.....

Posted

The one big caveat in all this is chemistry.Who ever they end up bringing in on offense, a chemistry must be developed along with trust to be efficient and find success.This will not hapoen over night and along with Shulas conservative play calling (which may be even more so with a bunch of rookies involved),don't expect this to happen very fast. It will up to the defense to carry the load again.

Posted

What, no use of the word "fug" at least a dozen times?  What kind of thread is this?  Replacing "fug" with common sense and rational thought?  Get out of here

Posted

Aside from that I do partially agree. Although I don't think Ginn was overpayed.

He was overpaid, however. 

Posted

If we had handed out those contracts to Ginn, Mitchell and Captain it would have been a clear sign that NOTHING had changed from Hurney. 

Huddle- OMG Hurney is an idiot with his blind loyalty, he has doomed us to cap hell for shelling out huge deals to unnecessary players. 

Huddle- Dave Gettleman is a soul-less dick who hates the Panthers and is trying to intentionally burn it to the ground. 

logic != compute;

The moral of the story boys and girls is we have been a player in free agency, we signed the biggest free agent out there: Greg Hardy

I'd easily rather have Hardy than Ginn, Captain, and Mitchell. 

The only thing that has me confused is Charles Godfrey. I thought if he was designated a June 1st cut, we would clear 7 million off the books. I'll take average safety play (a la Roman Harper) and more money to sign Nicks/or an OT than 7 mill for Godfrey. 

3 people like this

Posted

You'll have to excuse me if I don't feel like "relaxing".  For all we know Gettleman got lucky last year.  He caught lightning in a bottle with his one year free agents.  That doesn't guarantee he can do it again.  I'm not saying he can't.  But I'm not just going to assume he can.

Posted

We haven't signed any good FAs: false

We locked up arguably one of the top FA players when we tagged Hardy. Showing that our priority is to keep the young core together and continue to build.

This is the truest, most sensible thing I've heard since FA began. We already signed arguably the best FA on the market this year. I was on the "sign him at all costs" although admittedly not appreciating what those costs would mean to our ability to resign other top FAs and current roster staples.

BUT Getts still has something to prove in this regard as well. He has to convert that franchise tag into a long-term contract. If Hardy proceeds to walk next year, and we spent 13 million on a Band-Aid at DE, I will be nonplussed. If Hardy leaves next year, then the gutting of sentimental favorites and our other 1-year-wonders (who could have become long-term stars) will have been for nothing.

Posted

He was overpaid, however.

Eh, debatable. He was an average WR and a good #3 WR for us last season. 3.5 million a year sounds about right, especially when you can afford it.