Latest Panthers Topics
- Redskin fan logic
- How did Hardy fall to the 6th round in the 2010 NFL Draft?
- Nice Article on Kuechly "Composing" our Defense (NFL.com)
- Hixon excited about fresh start in Carolina
- Quarterback Stats in Wins and Losses
- Am I the only one that wants us to be a conservative ground and pound offense?
- Cam gettin' them dogs done with his mom.
- Starting to make sense why we got rid of Goodson...
- rivera comments on OTAs so far...and updates on today
- Panthers’ Kuechly says new linemen make his job easier
Charlotte Boudoir Photography
Charlotte Wedding Photographer
Tampa Boudoir Photography
Latest Bobcats Topics
- Western Conference Finals - Memphis Grizzlies (5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (2)
- So who saved all their original charlotte hornets stuff
- Hornets NBA Draft News Thread
- Cody Zeller bandwagon
- Eastern Conference Finals Thread. (1) Miami vs (3) Indiana
- All aboard the Alex Len bandwagon.
- Oladipo at #4?
- More Names Being Thrown Around (Hornets Coaching Search Thread)
- Ok We got the 4th Pick... Now
- 1988 Uniform Reveal
Ron Rivera Will Take More Active Defensive Role
Now that I've gone through the first season and understand what's expected of me, I think I can help a little bit more on the defensive side. One thing you learn and adjust to is really what's needed or what's called upon for a head coach to do in terms of his duties. That was a little bit different for me, obviously, and I can be involved more with that side of the ball.
We all tend to forget that last season Rivera was a rookie as well. Adjusting to a new job with new responsibilities can be daunting for anyone. Surely there is as big a learning curve for a first time NFL head coach as there is for any player coming into the NFL. Players, Coaches, Media, Politics, all being juggled at the same time all the while trying to keep your team focused.
Making the transition exponentially more difficult was being thrown into coaching 70+ players in training camp without the luxury of off season workouts to learn their personalities and begin developing a chemistry.
Coaching a team without knowing the character of that team. Not good.
Now that Rivera has a better feel for the job and understands what can be delegated and to whom, we should see a big improvement on the coaching of defensive side of the ball.