Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

There is always somebody out there. Lets hope this move puts that stupid sentiment to bed.

Because everyone knows guys you trade for are no higher quality than unemployed players, right?

lol lot of people here think he will magically turn back time with his production.

We got a good rotational player for a sixth..it's a good move

Fox Sports originally reported news of the trade. Allen is flying to Carolina to take a physicla, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.The Bears will pay $11.5 million of Allen's salary, while the Panthers will pay him $823,000

BwahahahhahhHhhAAA

Maybe you hope is that we see a revitalized JA, the same as we saw Julius Peppers revitalized by going to Green Bay.

Good news indeed!

Jared Allen is a Panther...craziness.  Late career renaissance pretty please. 

The 3-4 defense did not suit Jared Allen's playing style.  I doubt he'll be 2013 or prior good, but he should be better than this year or last with the Bears. 

A move like this early in the season indicates that the coaching staff, FO and ownership feel they can contend this year and want to shore up any weak points on the team to compete in January

Except for that elephant in that ol wide receiver room. Love this move, if only we were as aggressive on the other side of the ball. 

This is what I'm talking about.  I believe it was last year, I said we should sign Allen and let Hardy walk.  Kind of like with Ted Ginn back in 2013.  We should have signed him in 2012.  We are always a year late with these moves, but it's better late than never.  (I also said we should have signed Veldheer who is playing outstanding ball with the Cardinals heehee.)

Bitch ass move locking my thread just so you could post one Igo. Bitch ass move.

wait i just saw this... pretty lame to care that much bro

At 850k and a 6th round pick this trade is a nobrainer.   Quality depth at a discount price.  Fat bastard doing some work.