Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

AAF thread... Anyone watching?

26 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I watched bits and pieces, and I was overall pretty impressed for what is effectively game 4 of the preseason.  I thought those games could sometimes be the most fun as guys went balls out to try to make plays and make film.  I was always rooting for those players.

I really hope they are able to stick around because it's better to have more football than less.  For these players, it's a chance to show what they can do.  Many of these guys were bubble players on the fringe of the NFL.  Now they can make a little money, have some nice benefits, and try to make a NFL roster.

But the league needs to fix it passing game.  It got kind of ugly...

Heard in an interview with Ebersol that the players are fully insured, so if they do happen to get injured while playing in the AAF, they are fully covered from thereafter.  That is awesome.

My impression so far is that the league is much more pro-player and fan-driven.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Heard in an interview with Ebersol that the players are fully insured, so if they do happen to get injured while playing in the AAF, they are fully covered from thereafter.  That is awesome.

My impression so far is that the league is much more pro-player and fan-driven.

That is so huge.  I just hope it sticks around.  A true developmental league for the NFL would be great for the NFL and fans.

Cant believe the Jets used a 2nd round pick on Christian Hackenberg

I've watched some and I'm not unimpressed. I picked the Birmingham Iron before the season started and they looked pretty good yesterday. Trent Richardson was the only guy on their team whose name I recognized, though. 

I'm going to wait until a clear cut best team emerges.  I am really sick of pulling for sh*tty teams.  I'm identifying the bandwagon, and jumping on... and I very well may switch teams 3, 4, or even 5 times if the league has success and sticks around.

Curious if Philly Brown or Brenten Bersin will try to make a roster there next year.