• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Receiver stat comparison 2013

Strawman

S Smith 64 catches 109 targets 745 yards 4 TDs

B Lafell 49 catches 88 targets 627 yards 5 TDs

T Ginn 36 catches. 68 targets 556 yards 5 TDs

D Hixon 7 catches. 9. Targets 55 yards 1 TD

J Cotchery 46 catches 76 targets 602 yards 10 TDs

J Avant. 38 catches 76 targets 447 yards 2 TDs

Underwood 24 catches 45 targets 440 yards 4 TDs

Now as far as Benjamin, the rookies from last year I think he would most compare to

C Patterson 45 catches 78 targets 469 yards 4 TDs

D Hopkins. 52 catches 93 targets 802 yards 2 TDs

Averaging those two out

Avg 48.5 catches 85.5 targets 635.5 yards 3 TDs

Probably a fair expectation, but TDs could be a bit higher with KB because of his height.

Seems to me there is very little drop off from last year to this year as far as stats go. Of course it no guarantees that past seasons

performances will be repeated by the free agents, or that it's inconceivable that they may do better as Ginn did. Food for thought.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

If you add up receptions, yards, and TDS from last year and compare them to this years added with your KB "average", there is NO drop off. This years group is higher in every category.

And thats using only the 3 TDs you "averaged" for KB and I agree with you he's likely to do better than that.

I also think you'll see a Ginn-like improvement in the stats of one or two of the FA WRs, making the advantage even greater if true.

How many teams have "star" receivers? 10-12?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This isn't a no. 1 receiver debate. I'm saying all numbers aren't equal. Take away the coverage demanded by Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson what happens to Cotchery, Underwood, and Avant's numbers? They could either go up because of more targets and the player is just skilled and buried on a depth chart (like what Harry Douglas did when Julio went down), or go down because the player didn't step up to the challenge (like Lafell did when Smith went down).

I'm just saying it's stupid to look at our 2013 receivers and 2014 receivers equally.

This isn't a no. 1 receiver debate. I'm saying all numbers aren't equal. Take away the coverage demanded by Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson what happens to Cotchery, Underwood, and Avant's numbers? They could either go up because of more targets and the player is just skilled and buried on a depth chart (like what Harry Douglas did when Julio went down), or go down because the player didn't step up to the challenge (like Lafell did when Smith went down).

I'm just saying it's stupid to look at our 2013 receivers and 2014 receivers equally.

As I said in my first post, there is no guarantee the production of the free agents remains static. Fact is none of us were high on Ginn when he came here, but he increased his production 30X playing with Cam.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Archived