• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer season 2014-2015

Ja  Rhule

BvB have signed Ciro Immobile who was the Serie A top scorer for €19.5m. What a steal considering he is only 24 and they have done a good job replacing Lewa by acquiring Adrian Ramos as well.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Giroud was top scorer in League 1 and Arsenal got him for £10m. I tho it was a steal too.

Giroud was top scorer in League 1 and Arsenal got him for £10m. I tho it was a steal too.

Ciro is way better technically than Giroud and a higher ceiling but he's still learning the game and this was a breakout season for him.

Boom or bust type of signing.

Well, looks like we nabbed Poch from SH. I'm cautiously optimistic he can get more out of that mass of money waste from last year. Personally, I thought De Boer might have been the better choice, as he seems to be more defensive-minded, but I'll be pulling 110% for Poch now.

I haven't heard any believable rumors yet concerning Tott, and the only ones I can see I'm not liking (such as the possibility of Lloris moving on). This is going to be an interesting offseason again in the EPL though, so should be fun to watch!

Well, looks like we nabbed Poch from SH. I'm cautiously optimistic he can get more out of that mass of money waste from last year. Personally, I thought De Boer might have been the better choice, as he seems to be more defensive-minded, but I'll be pulling 110% for Poch now.

I haven't heard any believable rumors yet concerning Tott, and the only ones I can see I'm not liking (such as the possibility of Lloris moving on). This is going to be an interesting offseason again in the EPL though, so should be fun to watch!

It will be indeed.  Spurs will clean house.  I expect mass exodus and spurs will also sing some new faces.

Ciro is way better technically than Giroud and a higher ceiling but he's still learning the game and this was a breakout season for him.

Boom or bust type of signing.

Like Giroud.  Giroud have a cannon and he can shoot ball very well.  He also good in the air.  Problem is... he slow as hell and his positioning is terrible for EPL.  Everytime Giroud gets wide open in 1 on 1 situation with a goalie within 2 seconds defender catches up with him and Giroud usually passes ball back to midfielder or loses it.  If Giroud was a little faster, he could have close to 30 goals this season.  It was painful to watch how slow he is.  Ozil was feeding him thru balls 4-5 times a game and Giroud would just lose it or pass it back to Ozil.  

Any Spurs fans in the Huddle?  I started following them about 4 years ago because it was all a co-worker talked about.  He is a ManU fan but I didn't want to go that route and just picked a team from a hat (literally).  I had to learn and study all this European soccer stuff because I didn't grow up following it.  I try to catch every match (free online) and have really gotten hooked on them.  No one I know likes them but me.  Everyone else likes the ususal teams, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc.  I feel like I am on an island.  COYS!

Any Spurs fans in the Huddle?  I started following them about 4 years ago because it was all a co-worker talked about.  He is a ManU fan but I didn't want to go that route and just picked a team from a hat (literally).  I had to learn and study all this European soccer stuff because I didn't grow up following it.  I try to catch every match (free online) and have really gotten hooked on them.  No one I know likes them but me.  Everyone else likes the ususal teams, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc.  I feel like I am on an island.  COYS!

I've been following them for about 6 years now. Have a brother who's an Arsenal fan and a best friend that's a huge Man U fan, so naturally I had to pick someone else. Kind of funny that I ended up picking my bro's team rivals, but I liked what I saw from them when Harry first started, and it was just one of those natural fits for me. Plus, giving him crap is always fun!! :lol:

Welcome to the discussion, fellow Hotspur-faithful! Now I won't feel so ganged up on by all these silly Liverpool fans we have (I kid, I kid, guys...)

COYS!!!

Rumors suggest that Iker wants to leave for the BPL this Summer. What I would love to see is Iker sold and the money used to buy Courtois from Chelsea. What we'll probably see if fuging Diego Lopez exclusively for a season....

Welcome to the discussion, fellow Hotspur-faithful! Now I won't feel so ganged up on by all these silly Liverpool fans we have (I kid, I kid, guys...)

COYS!!!

Some Spurs rumors (from Bleacher Report):

- Atletico may look to snag Saldado

- We may look to Southy (Remy) and QPR (Rodriguez) for attacking options

- If Lloris decides to leave we may look to Celtic's keeper, Forster. There is also interest in Cardiff's David Marshall but Arsenal is also looking at Marshall

- Redknapp, now with QPR, looking at some Spurs players (Dawson & Townsend)

- Pocchetino likes Roma's striker, Mattia Destro,and wants to bring him here

- Crystal Palace looking at transfer targets Dawson and Sigurdsson

- Pritchard on loan to Wigan possibly?

** Whereas I hate BR wen it comes to NFL news, they do a pretty good job on their soccer rumors and updates**

Some Spurs rumors (from Bleacher Report):

- Atletico may look to snag Saldado

- We may look to Southy (Remy) and QPR (Rodriguez) for attacking options

- If Lloris decides to leave we may look to Celtic's keeper, Forster. There is also interest in Cardiff's David Marshall but Arsenal is also looking at Marshall

- Redknapp, now with QPR, looking at some Spurs players (Dawson & Townsend)

- Pocchetino likes Roma's striker, Mattia Destro,and wants to bring him here

- Crystal Palace looking at transfer targets Dawson and Sigurdsson

- Pritchard on loan to Wigan possibly?

** Whereas I hate BR wen it comes to NFL news, they do a pretty good job on their soccer rumors and updates**

That would be a terrible move for Atletico. A gigantic step back. Saldado is garbage.

Archived