• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Summer Transfer Window: Rumors, Completed Deals, Pipedreams!

C47

So, apparently, we're back in for Remy yet again:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/22/tottenham-hotspur-prepare-11m-bid-for-qpr-striker-loic-remy/

When are they going to give up on this one? I think we could use another striker, but not sure I like Remy being the target. 

In better news, Sky reports we're after Fazio from Sevilla, since the Musacchio deal fell through:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9434861/transfer-news-tottenham-turn-to-sevillas-federico-fazio-in-hunt-for-new-centre-half

We need another CB to compete for a spot on the first team.

Rotoworld analysis on Balotelli move to Liverpool

There appear to be only the details standing between Mario Balotelli and a move to Liverpool.

Reports have the transfer costing Liverpool £16million in addition to £120,000 a week in wages which isn't a huge price if you consider Balotelli a premium forward. The question is whether Balotelli is a premium forward. The physical talent appears to be there but it's hard to see him fitting into a Liverpool attack that is based on rapid-strike counterattacks. "Quick on the counterattack" is not a phrase typically used to describe the mercurial Italian leaving us to wonder how he'll fit in and, if he isn't a regular starter, how that will go down in the locker room. Here's a question for you to ponder...who makes way for Balotelli? Sturridge? Sterling? Coutinho? Henderson? Gerrard? A holding midfielder?

Sturridge already comes off the right wing all the time. Not really a positional change for him. Balo has to occupy the CF role.

Sent from my A200 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

We'll be interesting to see.  He might actually slow your attack down.

We'll be interesting to see.  He might actually slow your attack down.

Maybe, but I doubt it. With Sturridge's ability to score and Sterling's abilities to make plays, the attack won't have to wait on Balo and it certainly won't have to run through him. He's really just a surplus to requirements that other clubs will have to gameplan for.

Archived