• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft grades, 3 years later

Lets just go through Hurney's post 1st round picks that actually provided something somewhere from 2002-2012:

2002: Foster, Witherspoon

2003: Ricky Manning

2004: Wharton

2005: Mathis, Hangartner

2006: Richard Marshall, James Anderson, Jeff King

2007: Kalil, Rosario

2008: Godfrey, Connor, Schwartz (?), Bernadeau

2009: Munnerlyn

2010: Hardy (only good player in entire draft)

2011:

2012: Jury's out on Silatolu and Alexander

Not sure how this pans out compared to other GM's, but I will say that after 2008 he absolutely bombed day 2 of the draft.

I think it's fair. We got our franchise so that was fantastic. But the rest of the draft was dog pee and almost the entire portion of it was gone by the 3rd year. It was really an awful draft. Still nice we got a great QB.

Lets just go through Hurney's post 1st round picks that actually provided something somewhere from 2002-2012:

2002: Foster, Witherspoon

2003: Ricky Manning

2004: Wharton

2005: Mathis, Hangartner

2006: Richard Marshall, James Anderson, Jeff King

2007: Kalil, Rosario

2008: Godfrey, Connor, Schwartz (?), Bernadeau

2009: Munnerlyn

2010: Hardy (only good player in entire draft)

2011:

2012: Jury's out on Silatolu and Alexander

Not sure how this pans out compared to other GM's, but I will say that after 2008 he absolutely bombed day 2 of the draft.

Based on this history we're likely to have 1 or 2 successful player from this year's draft. Hopefully it's Benjamin. If not, we're screwed. All of our chips is on him like it was on Cam.

That's the reason teams shouldn't hold on to their picks like their lives depend on it. If there's a close to guarantee superstar just go for it and give up those sometimes useless picks.

Archived