• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group F

Goondal

The crazy thing is, considering Argentina will likely be looking for a good performance before the knockout stage, and the fact that Bosnia-Herzegovina could be emotionally done, it is entirely feasible that Iran, yes Iran, makes it out of this group. 

Yeah lol.

-Refs did an awful job.

-Bosnia had so many chances to I guess re-tie it but failed.

- Nigeria played decently but wasted at least 8 minutes in time feigning injuries.

Probably the worst game yet.

Yeah, I was afraid this would be a poorly played group.  Argentina has been unimpressive to me and other than Bosnia playing well in their Argentina loss the other teams have not entertained.  It sucks since they have been mostly played on the weekend so they are who I have been able to watch all the way through.  Wish I could have seen more of B and especially D right now.

Argentina-Nigeria are in a very similar situation as Germany-USA.  Argentina leads the group, wins it with a tie and would get a much easier Round of 16 opponent than they would be finishing second.  Nigeria wins the group with a win, advances with a tie, and could be out with a loss.  It should be interesting how this one plays out.

Iran is  playing an already eliminated Bosnia-Herzegovina.  They can move on with a win and an Argentina victory should one of the two results be by more than one goal.  The big question could be how Bosnia-Herzegovina plays.  They had high expectations and are already eliminated so their hearts may not be in it, but they also do not want to go home without a point.  I am rooting for Iran to advance but unfortunately I think the best they manage today is a tie.

Argentina has definitely looked vulnerable.  If Iran does not move on then I hope it is because Nigeria beats Argentina.  Can you imagine have one side of the draw having Brazil-Chile-Colombia-Uruguay-France-Argentina-Germany-Russia/Algeria while the other side of the draw has Dutch-Mexico-Costa Rica-Greece-Nigeria-Switzerland-Belgium-USA?  That would be hilarious.

Argentina has definitely looked vulnerable. If Iran does not move on then I hope it is because Nigeria beats Argentina. Can you imagine have one side of the draw having Brazil-Chile-Colombia-Uruguay-France-Argentina-Germany-Russia/Algeria while the other side of the draw has Dutch-Mexico-Costa Rica-Greece-Nigeria-Switzerland-Belgium-USA? That would be hilarious.

Dream scenario

Archived