• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward to visit Hornets next week.

PantherBrew

You offer Hayward what ever amount it will take.

None of the elite superstars are coming to Cha anytime soon.

And for that reason you need good versatile smart players.

Get rid of Hendo and roll with a wing rotation of Hayward, MKG, and Hairston.

Kemba / Livingston

Hayward / Hairston

MKG / Hairston

Zeller / Vonleh / Biz

Al / Vonleh / Bach

Much much better and deeper team. Not to mention more exciting.

Livingston went to Golden State.

The whole idea that you pay anybody what it will take to get here is downright Hurney-esque and leaves us with no flexibility and bad contracts. The FO has been preaching the ability to be "flexible" and simply throwing money around just because you have it isn't fiscally responsible.

Like a few in here, I am a bit leery of the price it will take to get him and hope we don't approach the rumored numbers. 8-10 mil seems reasonable.

And for all the talk about "we will never get a superstar, it doesn't work that way anymore," reports are LeBron is meeting with the Cavs and SUNS, neither of which even made the playoffs last year. Will he sign there? Probably not, but the fact that a team like Phoenix is in that conversation has made people take notice.

Kevin Durant is a free agent in 2016. Should the core progress like we expect them to, we could be that dark horse like Phoenix, as long as we are fiscally responsible and not giving max deals to the Gordon Haywards of the world.

With his ball handling and ability to run threw screens. He mist definitely can play 2 guard.

You can put anybody at any position that you want to put them at. Hayward would still be a much better SF than SG. What he "can play" doesn't matter. You can put MKG at SG, and play him like he's Tony Allen for Memphis. He still shouldn't be a SG, and neither should Hayward. 

If we give this dude a max he better average 20/5/5

So Lance is doing this if we sign him? While he throws another girl down the stairs? Or...

Im not excited to blow any max dollard for Gordon H either..but like the old Hornets your going to have to do it with the Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, Jamal Mashburns.. Who all flourished here.

I'd say if healtthy Heyward gets 18 pts 5-6 rebs 4-5 assist 1st season... Same for Lance... Just not the wild card of if he is a good locker room guy.

You can put anybody at any position that you want to put them at. Hayward would still be a much better SF than SG. What he "can play" doesn't matter. You can put MKG at SG, and play him like he's Tony Allen for Memphis. He still shouldn't be a SG, and neither should Hayward. 

Need more specifics bud. Tell us why (specifically) Hayward can not play SG effectively. 

So Lance is doing this if we sign him? While he throws another girl down the stairs? Or...

Im not excited to blow any max dollard for Gordon H either..but like the old Hornets your going to have to do it with the Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, Jamal Mashburns.. Who all flourished here.

I'd say if healtthy Heyward gets 18 pts 5-6 rebs 4-5 assist 1st season... Same for Lance... Just not the wild card of if he is a good locker room guy.

I never said sign Lance to a max. I actually believe that a 3x10 would be perfect for Lance.

I'd also like to ask where this notion that Lance is a bad locker room presence is coming from?

He was always a little quirky but he had no problems before Evan Turner was acquired. Might I remind you that the only reason that the Pacers won a game against the Heat in the playoffs was due to Lance (by the way, Turner didn't play in that game).

Finally you don't give out max contracts to just any old player. If he's (Hayward) not a top five player at his position he's not worth a max and without that three point shot.... he's not a top five player at his position.

Realistically, giving Hayward a max is more of a risk than signing Lance to a 3x10 because that max contract will be 25% of our total salary for the next four years.

Archived