• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Taylor receives 24 game suspension

JJman

Just eat the suspension. You pleaded guilty in court... stand down, man down. You were a punk. Take your punishment. Know that you deserved the punishment and come back a better person afterwards. That's the only way you can come out of this looking halfway decent bro. Go ahead and appeal, appeal, appeal just like every other no good thug out there and see how this city "forgives" you.

Just eat the suspension. You pleaded guilty in court... stand down, man down. You were a punk. Take your punishment. Know that you deserved the punishment and come back a better person afterwards. That's the only way you can come out of this looking halfway decent bro. Go ahead and appeal, appeal, appeal just like every other no good thug out there and see how this city "forgives" you.

Chill...

Taylor has made no comment on if he's going to appeal or not.

The NBAPA is the one that wants him to appeal, and the main individual pushing for the appeal is a female.

Chill...

Taylor has made no comment on if he's going to appeal or not.

The NBAPA is the one that wants him to appeal, and the main individual pushing for the appeal is a female.

I'm chill. I'm just saying what he should do and how he will be viewed if he goes thru the appeal process. My point is that you don't appeal if you understand how awful your actions were that led to the suspension. The dudes that appeal are always the punks that didn't learn their lesson.

I hope he does appeal.

There were no details of the case until he recieved his suspension following the verdict. Upon reading the details, there are a lot of questions... He apparently did not "hit" his girlfriend, but apparently, grabbed her or pushed her and a hotel wall was busted up as a result.

Furthermore, the charge was a misdemeanor... There is just a lot of grey area there. This isn't a Ray Rice case.

I hope he does appeal.

There were no details of the case until he recieved his suspension following the verdict. Upon reading the details, there are a lot of questions... He apparently did not "hit" his girlfriend, but apparently, grabbed her or pushed her and a hotel wall was busted up as a result.

Furthermore, the charge was a misdemeanor... There is just a lot of grey area there. This isn't a Ray Rice case.

He physically assaulted a human being. Unless a life is at risk, someone is being raped, etc there's no reason for violence. It's barbaric and it's time this kind of crap stops being accepted.

He got what he deserved.

He physically assaulted a human being. Unless a life is at risk, someone is being raped, etc there's no reason for violence. It's barbaric and it's time this kind of crap stops being accepted.

He got what he deserved.

If I shoved a girl into a wall busting up her face or what have you and she hadn't posed some kind of threat to myself, my property or others right before that then I deserve to go to jail and be fired/suspended from my job. It's stupid. Only time I've ever gotten physical with a female is when they busting up my apartment or assaulting me while I'm trying to drive 70 MPH on a highway. And in either cases I didn't "bust" them up... 99% of the time as a man you can subdue a female without causing any type of bodily harm to them.

He got what he deserved.

I'm just saying there are details we don't know. If he did it unprovoked, then yes, he got what he deserved. But we don't know that. I'm not making an excuse for him or any other piece of crap that can't control their anger and assault a woman on their own volition.

I'm just saying the law as a whole is skewed tremendously against men in any DV case and too often the man is guilty until proven innocent, regardless of the woman's role in it. What if she slapped him, threw stuff at him (potentially injuring him), and was antagonizing him in some physical way? We don't know what led to it.

If he just got angry and put his hands on her, then yes, he is a piece of crap and deserves even more than a 24 game suspension.

Taylor pleaded guilty, Hardy did not...

If Taylor would have pleaded not guilty then he could have possibly missed the entire season while waiting for his jury trial.[/quote

True but it was basically the same charge, mistamenor assult and I heard it will probably be dismissed.

The fact is he has missed more games than someone who was pleaded guilty so why not let him come back after serving six games?

I don't want this to be another Hardy thread, I just thought it was a great idea that the NBA has credited the missed games and wish the NFL was different.

Archived