• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen on Cam Newton

Car123

I loved what the Panthers did yesterday.  

We need to temper a bit that it was against an atrocious Saints defense.

We can also look back at Rivera's decision to not go for it against Atlanta and that field goal as the turning point of the season with no doubt.

Nohting good ever comes from constantly shrinking away from an opportunity when it presents its.

Exactly! That and a couple of other games, decisions (Cincy, New Orleans).

I've said this over and over again for the past few years.

The irony with Rivera's conservative nature (i.e., not opening up the offense): He's terrible in close games, due to poor game, clock, TO management. And the fact that he's scared to make the tough decisions, as you've noted.

So if a coach knows, he's too scared to make a tough, aggressive decision during a close game. OK Fine!...Then why not, try to blow people out, so it doesn't come to that (your poor coaching skills)??

Oh, that's right. I don't like blowing people out either (Ron Rivera; yeah, that's me). So any time I get a 10-14 pt lead (no matter how early in the game), I'm content with trying to run the ball up the middle in a cloud of dust for the next 2 qtrs, even if I lose.

SMH

If you didn't come away from that game thinking that Cam was the orchestrator for the most part then their is no hope for you. We haven't seen him directing at the line of scrimmage like that since that beautiful run last year.

This.

And it was glorious.

Archived