• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake????

tarheelfan23

the fact that you're a tarheels fan makes your dipsh*t percentage 99% instead of a full 100. You really couldn't have timed this post worse, either, after a third enormous victory in a row.

yea i can understand that....prolly was not the best time, maybe if dwill and jstew didnt win the game for us aginst TB with jakes 2 terrible picks would have been a good time

and i like ur avatar

yea i can understand that....prolly was not the best time, maybe if dwill and jstew didnt win the game for us aginst TB with jakes 2 terrible picks would have been a good time

I recommend searching for other similar threads on here and seeing what other folks have to say about the subject... there's no shortage of them. you'll see a lot of enlightening stats (take 'em with a grain of salt, stats are just that - stats) and some good opinions.

for myself, i think a survey of every quarterback in the league will show plenty of throws that could've been a tiny bit better. what matters is whether you're good enough to win or not. if you can find a way to win. Jay Cutler had the arm strength and the precision to find his targets. but when he faced adversity, his lack of heart showed. when his arm failed him, he had no heart to back it up.

delhomme has some stinkers, and he is not a perfect QB. But when his arm is off, his heart takes over, and it's won us no small number of games. Jake is not perfect; Jake is not tom brady; jake is not a manning. Jake is Jake.

And so far it's exactly what we need.

I recommend searching for other similar threads on here and seeing what other folks have to say about the subject... there's no shortage of them. you'll see a lot of enlightening stats (take 'em with a grain of salt, stats are just that - stats) and some good opinions.

for myself, i think a survey of every quarterback in the league will show plenty of throws that could've been a tiny bit better. what matters is whether you're good enough to win or not. if you can find a way to win. Jay Cutler had the arm strength and the precision to find his targets. but when he faced adversity, his lack of heart showed. when his arm failed him, he had no heart to back it up.

delhomme has some stinkers, and he is not a perfect QB. But when his arm is off, his heart takes over, and it's won us no small number of games. Jake is not perfect; Jake is not tom brady; jake is not a manning. Jake is Jake.

Wow, got a lil teary eye there bud, good comments, Jake is Jake, love it or hate it.

i completely agree with you, what im saying is that how much longer can jakes heart keep winning us games?? i think he can take us back to the super bowl and long as we can run the ball....but how many more yrs can he play??

and fox does not look like the guy to draft a qb and i hate that, he will sign a 27-29 year old vet to get bye...i want to take the chance and maybe get a guy like manning or brady or even matt ryan

he has be serviceable this year to say the least...it just does not look like he has the arm to throw the deep ball this year....like last game if he hits steve in stride its 6, in the GB game he underthrew moose by a lot and resulted in a fumble....i just think that it is time to find our replacement for him soon....

dumbass tarholes

I agree that it's time to get Jake's replacement on the roster, but thats a good topic we can discuss in the offseason.

The best option we have on this team right now at QB is Jake Delhomme. He's an average to above average QB with GREAT leadership skills. He's not going to put up gaudy numbers and he is going to lose you a couple games a year but he can also rally the team and make some good throws.

Jake gives us the best shot at winning the superbowl this year, better than moore or mccown, despite how imperfect he may be. I'm convinced of that. I'm also convinced that if we lose in the playoffs, it will be on Jake's shoulders. The opposing defense will stack the box and prevent us to run and jake will turn the ball over.

Jake's always had a problem with accuracy but if you look around the league...a great deal of QB's do.

Here is the list of NFC playoff poised QB's. I'm not 100% sold on any of them in the playoffs. Jake has proven to be successful in the postseason. Now i'm not saying that I wouldn't mind having romo or mcnabb in the postseason, but I would completely rather have Jake than Jackson, Orton, and the Rookie Ryan.

Romo

Eli

Mcnabb

Garcia

Ryan

Orton

Jackson

Warner

just my opinion though...I don't think anyone should bash tarheelfan23 for bringing up the point that it is time to start thinking about the future of this team at the QB position. The only thing I question is the timing of this thread. The panthers are getting ready for the biggest game this season, we have all offseason to discuss who is the heir to panther qb throne.

Since when DID he make that throw? Even before Tommy John he wasn't able to do that. He hasn't ever been the guy to throw the ball on the money every time, he just chucks it up. Plus, Steve prides himself on not getting overthrown.

This is by far the most un-researched, un-appreciative thread for our QB that I've read.

i completely agree with you, what im saying is that how much longer can jakes heart keep winning us games?? i think he can take us back to the super bowl and long as we can run the ball....but how many more yrs can he play??

and fox does not look like the guy to draft a qb and i hate that, he will sign a 27-29 year old vet to get bye...i want to take the chance and maybe get a guy like manning or brady or even matt ryan

I was referencing the jake criticisms regarding his accuracy and the like, not the eventual need to replace him. You're right, we will need a replacement eventually.

But we will also eventually need to replace Moose, and Peppers, and Smith, and Lucas, and Davis, and Gross... but why focus on that? Truth be known, all of our debating and brainstorming has absolutely no effect on what goes on in the front office at BoA. Given our sucess under the current staff, we can rest assured they're taking it into consideration. time will tell.

Since when DID he make that throw? Even before Tommy John he wasn't able to do that. He hasn't ever been the guy to throw the ball on the money every time, he just chucks it up. Plus, Steve prides himself on not getting overthrown.

This is by far the most un-researched, un-appreciative thread for our QB that I've read.

wow, get off your high horse.

The guy just questioned the future of the qb position. His thread was hardly bashing the QB. If thats all your gonna add to the discussion, why even respond?

wow, get off your high horse.

The guy just questioned the future of the qb position. His thread was hardly bashing the QB. If thats all your gonna add to the discussion, why even respond?

If you mention the fact that one day Jake will retire it's considered "hating" among his minions of jock-sniffers.

Archived