• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup QB in the 2016 draft

JawnyBlaze

I was just watching breakdowns of Kurtis Drummond, S and MSU was playing OSU.  Drummond didn't stand out to me, but who did was the OSU QB.  I wanted to look him up because I had never heard of him, Braxton Miller.  His original senior year was a medical redshirt for a shoulder injury. 

He's a little on the small side, 6'2 215 according to wiki, but he looked like he could be a solid backup for Cam if we got him late in the draft.  Anyone know anything about him?  I'm just going off the one game vs MSU in 2013, so he could actually suck for all I know, but there were a few nice passes (one long TD to our own Philly Brown, was a really nice pass and catch) and he had some good runs too. 

Is he better than a late round QB and out of reach of what we'd want to spend on a backup?  Just curious if anyone here knows more about him.

He will almost have to definitely switch positions in the NFL. There has been talk that he may even switch positions for his senior year at tOSU if he doesn't win the starting QB job kinda like Denard Robinson during his senior season at Michigan going from QB to RB (and he is currently a RB on the Jaguars.)

eh, dunno if he'll have success then.  He didn't look like a good enough runner, at least from what I saw in that one game, to be an NFL RB.  If he's got good hands he could switch to WR, I guess.  He's got good size for a WR.  Shame he's not a good enough QB, he looked pretty good in that one game I watched.

Archived