• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke #9 in pff top 101

CarolinaSock

Honestly, I feel like Luke was right there with Bowman and Willis even in his rookie year... just few really wanted to admit it or were wary to crown a rookie that quick.  A lot of that had to do with Willis and Bowman just having hit their prime, Luke only being 20 years old, and the huge San Francisco media circlejerk and potential "dynasty" that was going on at the time.

Although, there were many well respected professionals that did crown Luke after his rookie season.  More than a few GMs flat out said he was the best LBer in the league after his rookie year IIRC.  People who actually realized his full value to our team and all the things he did that doesn't show up in box scores or advanced analytics.

Some try to devalue Luke's sophomore DPOY season, but he was just flat out the most valuable defensive player in the league that year, and was after taking over in week 5 as a rookie as well.  He created a lot of butthurt among Seattle, Green Bay, 49ers, St. Louis, and Tampa Bay fanbases his first 2 seasons in the league.  JJ Watt fanboys too.  They all make sure to go out their way to speak about how "overrated" they think he is.  That's a lot of fanbases... and each one of them PFF had a love affair with a certain player of theirs (Wagner, David, and Hayward in 2012.  Willis, Bowman, David, Quinn, and Watt in 2013).

Had a Redskin fan tell me that Luke only has had one good season in his career the other day. I corrected him and then he said the only reason he was good was because the Panthers defense sucked. I corrected him again and he finally shut up. Redskins fans get more clueless day by day.

Archived