• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke on NFLN Total Access recap

O-Ther

Luke's 1 on 1 appearance was teased when Total Access opened tonight. Will watch and provide recap and eventually link when it's available. Also will have video from the OTAs today

Edit: the OTA video was mostly Olsen talking about Cam. "He'll continue to grow, we all will continue to improve individually and as a team to try to make another playoff run"  Reporter mentioned Cam after signing big contract was bringing energy in the OTA today, still focused, did miss a pass to Olsen and could tell he was upset with himself for missing it. Also mentioned Benji was running sprints and catching balls on the sidelines, getting some work in after sitting out with hamstring injury. Studio commentary after was Jamie Dukes more concerned with the O-Line instead of the WRs. Mentioned Oher switching to the left side and how teams can't just slap together an O-Line and expect great things.

Luke interview recap: Q: You've had quite the start to your career, now you're entering year 4 what do you need to work on to improve?  Luke: Oh a lot to improve. I was working on stuff with Coach McDermott today, mostly pass coverages. What can I do in certain pass coverages to improve? One of those things is play low and be patient. Patience is big in coverage, you can't get too aggressive cause then stuff goes bad for you. So, obviously pass coverage is big and blitzing is big, so those are two aspects. The pass coverage is easier to work now, then when you kind of get rolling and the guys get geared up in pads the blitz technique will kind of come a little more.

Q: What is the focus going into this year now?  Luke: Be consistent. Last year, I think some games we were awesome, some games we weren't so awesome. It's got to be one of those things where it can't be a peaks and valleys, it has to be upward rising the whole time. I think if we can be consistent throughout the season, that'll lead us, and put us in a good position to be somewhere at the end of the year.

Q: Does it make you feel good knowing this team is investing in their stars?  Luke: Oh yeah, you know, it's great. I'm glad we got Cam locked up. I think he's a big part of our team. It shows confidence in him that we've all had, and we're excited to see what happens this year.  (end interview)

Archived