• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015/16 Bundesliga Thread

Goondal

Ten straight victories to start the season, one short of the European record by Tottenham ('60-'61).  Nice to see a dominating 4-0 performance after that pathetic UCL performance.

The important game though is this week against Wolfsburg, cannot win a treble with a loss there.

What pathetic UCL performance :)

I'm just pulling your tail.  You'll see us in 2 weeks again.  I told you Bayern always had a hard time against Arsenal.  The last 3 times they met in UCL, Bayern won on away goal advantage.

Oh, I know.  Almost derailed our treble.  Like I said, I was only happy Arsenal was in our group because it meant City was not, I was just sick of playing them, they bore me.

On a side note, I do not like how both the third and fourth matchday are the same opponents.  Could be a great disadvantage for a team that is short some players during that short time frame.  I would prefer the do it in the same order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No way to describe that performance without the word cluster.

On the other side, Gladbach is playing really well.  After losing their first five league games they are now unbeaten in their last ten (8-2-0).  Too bad for them they could not find their form earlier or they could be moving on in UCL.

• 1 month later...

Thought I had posted this but here is the results of the Ro16:

*Second Division, **Third Division, ***Fourth Division

***SpVgg Unterhaching 1:3 Bayer Leverkusen
Börrussia Monchengladbach 3:4 Werder Bremen
**Erzgiberge Aue 0:2 *FC Heidenheim
Bayern München 1:0 Darmstadt 98
*FC Nürnberg 0:2 Hertha BSC
VfB Stuttgart 3:2 (aet) *Eintracht Braunschweig
*1860 München 0-2 *VfL Bochum
FC Augsburg 0-2 Borussia Dortmund

And here are the match-ups for the Quarterfinals:

February 09
Bayer Leverkusen v. Werder Bremen
VfB Stuttgart v. Borussia Dortmund

February 10
*FC Heidenheim v. Hertha BSC
*VfL Bochum v. Bayern München

• 5 weeks later...

DFB Pokal Quarterfinals results
Bayer Leverkusen 1-3 Werder Bremen
VfB Stuttgart 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
*FC Heidenheim 2-3 Hertha BSC
*VfL Bochum 0-3 Bayern München

All four home teams fall in the Quarters, including the two remaining teams not from the top flight.  The Semis will feature three of the top four in the current standings (Hertha is actually tied for third but loses out on goal differential) along with Weder Bremen, who currently sit in a relegation spot.  Here is the draw for the semis:

Tuesday April 19
Bayern München v. Werder Bremen
Hertha BSC v. Borussia Dortmund

Holger Badstuber is now out for three months.  Benatia, Boateng, and Javi Martinez are already sidelined.  Things once again looking very bleak on the injury front with the UCL knockout stage approaching.  Cannot catch a break in that department the last three seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Watched Leverkusen-Dortmund last weekend. Christian Pulisic (US Crowned Jewel) made his first league start. Not bad, not great. Looked lively on the ball at times. Once he settled down, he looked classy in possession. Excited to see this kid play more.

Will definitely be interested in seeing what he can do.  If he can manage to impress at a club like Dortmund at such a young age then it will say a lot for his International prospects.

Was unable to watch the match this week and it appears that was a good thing.  Home loss to Mainz coupled with a Dortmund win does not make me worried, but a loss to Dortmund this weekend would bring drop our lead to two points.

This weekend will be the most important Bundesliga game in a few years, hope the boys are ready.

54 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Was unable to watch the match this week and it appears that was a good thing.  Home loss to Mainz coupled with a Dortmund win does not make me worried, but a loss to Dortmund this weekend would bring drop our lead to two points.

This weekend will be the most important Bundesliga game in a few years, hope the boys are ready.

I am stoked to watch that match. Going to be absolutely rocking at the Westfalenstadion.

38 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I am stoked to watch that match. Going to be absolutely rocking at the Westfalenstadion.

Cannot wait either.  I wish it was on FOX though like the Leverkusen game was last month.  Why put a game like this on Fox Soccer Plus?

Archived