• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Back Off Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

You know I see the problem here. Delhomme is not the same quarterback he was before surgery. I really think he's afraid to take the sack. He didnt play well last year either but the rest of the team played good enough to make it unnoticable. He used to make some of his best passes under pressure. Now i think he just throws it up to avoid the hit. Now you can argue that its his fault for throwing the passes, but he doesn't have time to make throws, the last 2 games our O line has offered him little to no protection. If Delhomme gets benched you might as well bench the O Line too

Uh...no...he's afraid to move out of the way, which is the problem, actually.

You can look at my post history and you will see that many of the few posts I have made on this board have been in support of Jake Delhomme. Watching todays game I was starting to think this was the end of it for me, I was jumping off the bandwaggon. I cooled off for a little bit and rewatched Delhomme. The first drive had me very encouraged, he looked somewhat mobile and did not look flustered when the blitz came, he actually stayed in the pocket and completed the pass.

I also do not blame all of the interceptions on Delhomme, Tom Brady would have had at least 2 interceptions today with the protection he was getting from his o-line. Every single play there was someone in the backfield, never did Delhomme just have an open pocket. His first interception was a tipped ball from Steve Smtih and Sheldon Brown made an incredible catch, give credit where credit is due. The second interception was 100% Delhommes fault. The third pick he had three men in his face and tried to dump it off to DeAngelo and he had no shot. The guy needs better protection. And his fourth pick was just him trying to make a play with realistically no shot at winning the game, I honestly do not believe he makes that throw if the game is closer; he just tried forcing it.

Just remember back in 2003 when this team looked hopeless in the first half and he replaces Rodney Peete and leads the team to the Super Bowl. He also led us to another NFC Championship game and a franchise record 12 wins. If you remember correctly this team was the laughing stock of the NFL before Delhomme and Fox, we were todays Lions. We messed up draft picks, lost 15 games in a row, the Kerry Collins saga, Rae Carruth, and Fred Lane. He brought this franchise stability. 54 wins since 2003, behind Brady, Manning, Big Ben, Mcnabb, and Favre. Thats more wins then the fans of the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Vikes, Bears, Lions, Seahwaks, Rams, Niners, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, and Cardinals can say.

Im just saying..

...i want to come work for you....It's doesn't matter how bad i am at my job, YOU WON'T FIRE ME!! 9 int's it 2 games did it for me. Im done with Jake and am officially offhis side...he will have to throw 7 TD's next week to win me back.

Jake haters understand all that and agree to an extent.

But we just resigned him 20 million guaranteed. :mad5:

We need to just clean house-Jake-Fox and Hurney all need to go.

We get ripped by the wise men because we want more flash on our team, but thats what Charlotte needs. It will take another 10-15 years to convert Charlotte to Panther land due to all the out of town transplants. This all starts with a franchise QB which noth Fox and Hurney do not believe in.

We have thrown away all our 1st rd picks the last couple years and we still have crap at WR,QB and no depth in any position other then RB. Not to mention the Peppers thing :rant:

Bring in Gruden

From your post above, here is the remedy to the problem the Panthers have now that they are 0-1:

1)Throw away this year.

2)Fire the GM and Head Coach.

3)Hire replacements (Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher?).

4)Demote Jake to third string and plan for his trade/release.

5)Promote Matt Moore to starting QB.

5)Decide upon a franchise QB.

6)Acquire some depth at all positions except RB.

7)Release Peppers.

8)Improve our crappy WR's.

9)Get more flashy.

10)Begin 2010 season.

And people call homers delusional.

Ok Guys you all hate Jake now you wine and cheese panther fans who haven't worked for a damn thing in your life don't understand what it's like to work hard for a damn thing. I mean hell you don't realize what you have what you got is a winner. The 5th most winning QB among active QB's behind Brady Manning Mcnabb and big ben. And fug Jeff Davidson the End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Cutler just threw 4 inerceptions. I wonder if Chicago fans are bracing themselves for the Caleb Haine era.

Trying to equate Jay Cutlers performance to Jake Delhommes performance is a desperate attempt to rationalize keeping Jake at QB.

Cutler is a young guy in a new system and his upside is unlimited. He is a promising young QB that you can build your franchise around.

Jake Delhomme has never been better then slightly average. He is past his prime with his best years behind him. He might win a few games this season but overall, he will be an anchor around the neck of this team. Even before the season, anybody who knew anything about football would tell you QB is one of the weakest positions on this team and rather than look to improve, we shocked they world with a big money extension.

You, Hurney, and Fox think Delhomme is great and almost everyone else in the world is telling you Delhomme is an average QB in decline. When 20 people in a room tell you you're drunk, maybe you should sit down and evaluate whether driving home is such a good idea.

If 3 people call you an ass, put on a bridle...Wow, I never put that together with our QB situation. I have been sayin that phrase for years and never put 2 an' 2 together. Fu_k, I gotta get a new gameday jersey. I have been wearin a '17' jersey since January of '04...I hate to give up on an old favorite, but it might just be time to retire it.

Lets see what happens on Sunday before I really throw in the towel...

Archived