• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Prediction.....

AKPantherFan

I honestly believe we will beat Atlanta. The Panthers backs are against the wall and they play better on the road. Our game against The Falcons is a must win and I expect our team to play like their season is on the line. It's crazy how we went from looking great in the 1st quarter against the Eagles and in the span of 5 minutes we are down 21 points. Maybe it's better that Jake is playing on the road instead of at home. He won't have to worry about the Panther fan's booing the hell out him lol.

I want to see what Meeks has in store for Matt Ryan and company. Hopefully their run defense will be better this season because it was garbage at times last year. People like to bash Meeks because when he was with The Colts his run defense was one of the worst in the NFL. I don't think The Panthers run d will suffer the same fate as The Colts since our defensive personnel is a lot different from The Colts. There D line was undersized with DT''s who weighed around 280 lbs or less. I loved how the Colts D took advantage of their speed and how they swarmed to the ball. People forget that the main reason The Colts won their first Super Bowl was because how the defense stepped up. Manning didn't play that great in their SB run and can thank his defense for his SB ring.

Wake up... Falcons will kick our asses badly. We never played any good game in Atlanta.

So, since the actual 2006 season, we're 2-1 IN ATL...

W: 12/24/06 at Atlanta 10-3 (No Jake, and Direct snaps to D.Will Thumb issue for Jake if I recall)

W: 9/23/07 at Atlanta 27-20 (Jake until he left the game and did not return the rest of the season... then had David Carr)

L: 11/23/08 at Atlanta 28-45 (We got housed by Turner for 4 TD's, a Punt return for a TD and no TD's thru the air)

We've never played any good? I think we have.

Since '06, we're 3-3 BTW. (which does not include the game on 1/1/06 from the '05 season)

They have played 1-1 against Matt Ryan. That's the most telling factor. Matt Ryan is very good. but we can't forget Turner either.

I think the Panthers biggest problem on Defense is going to be Tony Gonzalez. We suck at covering the TE's and well, he's one of the best! Running game wise, we need to tackle. I think the "try and strip the ball" mentality for turnovers is hindering our teams tackling to be honest.

Offense wise, it's been stated already, we need to run the ball and have good Oline blocking. I think we need more screens and dump downs. Dink and dunk style if we NEED to pass. get some confidence back in our QB's minds to move forward. Nothing "flashy" unless it's WIDE FLIPPIN OPEN!

But, that's just me. I'm thinking positive, but, I'm not "comfortable" thinking TOO positive.

Onward! :driving:

I honestly believe we will beat Atlanta. The Panthers backs are against the wall and they play better on the road. Our game against The Falcons is a must win and I expect our team to play like their season is on the line. It's crazy how The Panthers went from looking great in the 1st quarter against the Eagles and in the span of 5 minutes we are down 21 points. Maybe it's better that Jake is playing on the road instead of at home. He won't have to worry about the Panther fan's booing the hell out him lol.

I want to see what Meeks has in store for Matt Ryan and company. Hopefully their run defense will be better this season because it was garbage at times last year. People like to bash Meeks because when he was with The Colts his run defense was one of the worst in the NFL. I don't think The Panthers run d will suffer the same fate as The Colts since our defensive personnel is a lot different than theirs. Their D line was undersized with DT''s who weighed around 280 lbs or less.

I loved how the Colts D took advantage of their speed and how they swarmed to the ball. One of the main reasons their run D was so bad because SS Bob Sanders was injured and was unable to play. People forget The Colts won their first Super Bowl because their defense stepped up after Bob Sanders came back from injury. Manning didn't play that great in their SB run and can thank his defense for helping him get his SB ring. The Panthers defense has the the potential to be pretty good this season if they can mimic the positives of The Colts D that was coached under Meeks.

Archived